Customer reviews

on 31 May 2018
Best wwe bio
on 19 August 2015
Great read although not as good as his first book. Foley expands much on details missed in previous book here but I'm not sure he needed to. Maybe a little harsh but as the first book (Have a Nice Day) was so good, there was a high standard to replicate.
on 30 June 2013
This book had very little to do with wrestling, it was more about theme parks, politics, the creative process of writing his book and defending the WWE from its many critics. I loved have a nice day; and I'm not a Mick Foley fan. I bought this book on the strength of the first one.
2 people found this helpful
on 6 July 2013
This is a must for wrestling fans, fans of Mick Foley and all those people who think wrestling is just for kids. Mick Foley has a distinctive style, warm, funny and intelligent, he makes some good points, backs them up with research and his anecdotes will make you laugh, cry and cringe - sometimes all at once.
on 10 November 2015
The condition was really good but I honestly giving this full stars because the content it self is brilliant. Mick you're a genuis. Your blend of humour fused with the reality of pro wrestling makes for a phenomenal read. Would definitely recommend.
on 15 September 2014
Great gift for someone interested in Wrestling and the individual lives of them.
on 11 March 2014
I chose this rating because Its a brilliant purchase
The only dislike is the book had a mark on it but it came off with a wipe of a finger tip
I recomend this book to any wrestling fan or not as once you read the first book he had published, its better to start at 1, 2, 3 and 4 actually.
on 21 June 2009
This is not a book with some new revelations about the fakery involved in Wrestling. Even the most commited fan knows much of what we see on TV must be staged and choreographed and rehearsed, that does not make it any less dangerous or exciting. Mick Foley allows us an intimate glimpse at some of the characters and the truths behind Wrestling and it is a wonderful read, perhaps only spoiled by his long harangues and drifting away from the subject which attracted the reader to the book in the first place.
Nevertheless, a super read and glimpse at the Reality of Wrestling.
One person found this helpful
on 30 April 2008
Compared to "Have a Nice Day", this book is pretty pointless. It seems more than anything to be a collection of Foley's random thoughts and political views on things, which get a little boring. I even found myself skimming through certain parts they were that bad/pointless.

In this book Foley seems to have tried to appeal to non-wrestling fans as well which really ruins the book as it seems to have no overarching point to it. There is very little in this book that these days you will not have, and surprisingly the humour in the book is just tired and not that funny at all. Wow, Mean Street Posse and Test jokes! How funny!

Have a Nice Day was superb, setting the standards for all other wrestling books after it. Foley is Good when measured against these standards, comes up short in many, many ways. Avoid unless you're a huge Foley fan, and even then go into it with low expectations.
3 people found this helpful
on 3 September 2013
This book starts off OK with an in depth telling of the infamous "I Quit' match, but other than that I found it lacking. I LOVED 'Have A Nice Day' but this one felt like he struggled just to get pages filled. He writes on and on and on about the writing process of Have A Nice Day. I bought Foley is Good for new stories and backstage antics, but it seems like every other chapter is about Have A Nice Day - the writing, the publishing, the reviews. It's like a movie sequel that does nothing but make constant references to the first movie so that you will fill you head with happy memories of that movie, instead of focusing on the sequel itself.

Foley even goes as low as to write lists, lots and lots of lists. Seriously. He lists of all of his favorites such as theme parks, matches, food, movies etc. I did not buy this book to see a list of theme parks that Mick likes.

Foley also gains a very big head based on the success of Have A Nice Day. Many many times in Foley is Good he praises himself for writing such a good book and brags about his literary skills. I found that at times I was finding myself disliking Foley reading all this self praise.

I would say there is about 100 pages of good material here which is a terrible let down after the awesome "Have A Nice Day.'

I love Mick Foley, none of this is personal, it just really is not a good book.
4 people found this helpful