Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 July 1999
I'm not even a vegetarian, and I love this book. There are many of Lemlin's dishes that are special enough for entertaining, and, as promised, they really are quick to fix. She doesn't fall into the exotic ingredient trap, either - one trip to the supermarket will do ya. I usually check cookbooks out from the library before I purchase them, and this one passed the test!
on 9 January 1999
I own almost 50 cook books, and this is my favorite. The recipes are quick, unique, and delicious. I recommend this book to all of my friends. You don't have to be a cook to follow the extreemly easy directions. The author did a great job. No pictures, because there's no room. It's jam packed with delicious meals yet-to-be!
on 16 September 1997
I've bought many cookbooks and this is without a doubt the best. Lemlin doesn't use any fancy terms and you can get all the ingrediants at your local supermaket. Also, check out her other book "Main Course: Vegetarian Pleasures" The vegetarian enchiladas are my favorite!
on 19 September 1998
I love this book and all of Jeanne Lemlin's books. Everything, as the title promises, is tasty, inventive, modern, quick, accessible. She got me, an omnivore, to feel comfortable with tofu! And her desserts go far beyond the usual carob/wheat flour/fruit-sweetened offerings in vegetarian cookbooks. Lemlin cooks vegetarian food for the senses, and with a healthy consciousness of contemporary life and limitations on time in the kitchen.
on 10 February 1998
This book is one of the best cookbooks I have ever used and I am not a vegetarian. Every recipe I have made (at least 40) has been not only easy but phenomenal tasting. I never notice that I am not eating any meat, because everything is so satisfying. I will soon have to buy another copy I use mine so much (at least twice a week). It is fabulous!!!
on 26 December 1998
This book has some of my favorite recipies and I'm not even a strict vegetarian (yet...). As the title promises, all of the recipies I have tried have been both quick and pleasurable. Buy it and you won't be dissapointed.
on 3 January 2010
This has become one of my main cookbooks - there are some classic recipes in there. I especially love the banana bread (no added sugar or sweetener) and the soups. It's american measures (cups etc) but I find that quite a nice way to cook as all the proportions are a lot more relative. A great book to have on the shelf for when you're stuck for ideas.
on 7 June 2015