on 10 May 1999
Stephen Mitchell translates an assortment of Neruda's lesser known poems that rank among his personal favorites. You can tell Mitchell truly loves these works as Neruda's voice almost literally sings off the page in English. The book itself is beautifully constructed with a painting by Gaugin adorning the cover. When you hold it in your hands, you will know you have discovered something truly special. You may also be interested in Mitchell's lovely translations of Rilke.
on 29 July 2013
I love this book of Neruda's selected poems. It has all the ones you most want to saviour again and again, and I like that it has the original Spanish alongside the translation.

I buy this book every now and then and give it to friends and family and they are also enchanted. It's a beautiful present to give and receive.
on 26 December 2013
Love it
Classic poems to read again and again and again. I enjoy reading this each time I immerse myself in this book