Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 14 September 2010
Well it is what it is. A genre book. "romantic fantasy." I was just expecting more. Something a little more intricate. The lead character (the angel) comes off as simple and not very detailed. Almost like an archetype or even stereotype. But I have since understood that this is the deal with the "romance" genre. I was hoping for something more epic. Which it is not.

And the bad guy is not really bad enough. For a demon I thought he'd be more vicious. He basically comes down to a mechanic lover and a manipulator. Nothing a normal human being couldn't live up to as well.

Its not bad, just not very epic in scale, which to me the title suggested.

Don't like throwing other peoples' work under the bus, but ...
on 19 December 2007
I loved Margaret Weis own fantasy books starting from the Dragonlance series but as I also like a bit of romance, I saw this paranormal romance and thought I would give it a go.
Found it a waste of space. Really poor hero and heroine (and I use those works with difficulty), zero chemistry, poor plot, pathetic villian, need I go on?
I struggled through most of the book then gave up through sheer apathy.
on 14 October 2010
This was not worth reading, i was expecting better as its a subject with endless storylines however M and L Weis opted for boring.