on 22 July 2010
A fantastic book! The Explosive Child gives practical advice and guidance on how to deal with the most difficult of situations with children. Also the methods explored in the book can be used with any child, not just those who are easily frustrated. As a mother of four I would recommend it to anyone who has children, and I only wish I'd had this book twenty years ago when my eldest child was young.The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children
on 6 March 2011
This is probably the best book I have read on this subject. Difficult kids pose a formidable challenge to both parents and educators, and the advice you get is seldom helpful or scientifically based. The author has a vast clinical experience and a sound scientific basis for his advice, yet it is so well written that even kids can read it.
If you are dealing with difficult kids professionally or if you are a parent of a difficult kid this book is a must
JM, MD
on 7 February 2016
Great book. This is a wonderful book for parents - of normal children as well. I wish I had read it when my children were young. Book arrived when expected in the good condition as advertised.
on 27 October 2013
I do recommend this book. It is extremely helpful for parents who have ever wondered why on earth the usual strategies for managing behaviour do not work.
on 17 February 2013
This book is particularly good for those with anger issues and as a behaviour support teacher I have recommended it to other teachers on many occasions.
on 7 October 2014
The kind of resource book that you will refer to again and again to both remind and reassure yourself that plan B is always the plan to aspire to.
on 30 December 2013
Having attended an excellent day long lecture by Ross Greene, I decided to buy the book too and I have not been disappointed. Well worth a read.
on 5 July 2014
Should be read by all that work with young people. An excellent approach to challenging behaviour. Well written. Highly recommended.
on 2 August 2013
An informative book at children's challenging behaviour - it makes some good points and ones I will try out in the future.
on 5 August 2014
This was recommended to me by a colleague/mental health specialists and i was not disappointed.