Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 January 2014
I am a year 1 teacher. During guided reading I have a group independently reading books to do with our topic. The children of all abilites love this book- they often fight over it!
Fantastic words and comical pictures.
on 16 October 2016
I am a teacher. My class love this book and so does my 4 year old son.
on 17 April 2012
I bought this for my 4 year old son who likes all of the Dc and Marvel type superheroes and he really enjoyed it. Each alphabet letter has a superhero whose name begines with it and it tells you about t hem and what their powers are etc. The illustrations are good too. I found this book to be good value for money
on 26 September 2013
Fun, funny, keeps my little one entertained. He learns the alphabet without getting bored and has fun doing it plus he loves super hero's.
on 23 March 2014
My four year old LOVES this,he invents his own super hero all the time, and so this is fabulous for him and his imagination! we read it over and over:)
on 12 November 2009
A group of children at the Pre-School where I work had become interested in super heroes and this book was bought as part of a 'Super Hero' story/interest basket. It has since become a firm favourite with this group and many of the other children, all of whom are fascinated with the various powers that the super heroes possess. It is so good to have found an educational book that actually reflects the interests of children, especially boys, in the 3-5 years age group. It also gives a good 'balance' to the children's play - boisterous super hereoes can learn about letters! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this book to both Pre-School groups and to children at home and it would certainly also be suitable for older children.
on 28 March 2014
So I have given this three stars because I dont like it but I must admit that my three year old really likes it.
I have a number of problems with it, the main one is that it is just too american for small children to understand all the words (Jay walking, kindergarten etc) Also its supposed to be an ABC book and all the letters are in capitals, no lower case at all so not helpful for teaching. Some of the superheros are just bizarre and some are gross (vomit man!)
Quite cant work out what age group this is aimed at.
Its a great idea and could have been amazing but it falls quite far short of that (If you are looking for a great superhero story for young children try "The amazing adventures of Bumble Bee Boy")
on 5 March 2011
I bought this to stimulate ideas for our topic on Superheroes at school and what a fantastic resource it proved. There is a new superhero for each letter of the alphabet with lots of alliterative description about each. The illustrations are bright and bold and my class loved them.

This was a stimulus for lessons on alphabet work and to help the children invent and their own superhero. There is so much room for discussion and creativity.

This is wonderful book to share.
on 7 February 2011
Great idea to create alphabet superheros. Children love Superheros, especially boys. Learning with fun! My 4 years old holding and reading this book all the time. Highly recommended for children who just start to learn Alphabet.
on 13 March 2012
I bought this book for my 3 year old to engage him in learning his alphabet and it has been a big success. He loves the real manga style cartoon images and laughs at the super heroes silly powers. The best news is we have had this book for 2 weeks and he is already making great progress with learning his letters where he has never been interested before.