on 24 November 2009
I thought I'd read this book before passing it onto my 9 year old daughter & I am so glad I did. Its a fantastic read that once I started, I just had to keep going until it was finished ! Its such a sweet story - you really care for Sal & you want it all to turn out right for her. Excellent !!
on 17 February 1999
It was a good book because, Salamonca, the main character, is on her way to a place where she can 'find' herself. After one story there's another. It's about her on her journey and she's telling a story about her friend, Pheobe, who has a lot of trouble.
on 1 April 1998
This is the best book I have ever read. I think most nights when I was reading this book there was at least one tear comming down my cheeck. My favorite characters are Sals grandparent because they they were so free spirited.
on 2 October 2013
This is a great book. It's strange and funny. I love Salamanca's grandparents. They're so funny, full of life despite their old age. The writing is very entertaining throughout.
on 3 February 2001
I loved the way Sharon Creech managed to make you feel what her characters felt. If you haven't read this book I would really recommend it coz it's great!
on 2 April 1998
I thought the book was witty, if you want me to say someting, I say:
"Read this book!!!"
on 22 June 2013
I bought for my niece for a christmas present as an alternative to jacqueline wilson books and she loved it.
on 8 July 2014
This is a wonderful coming of age book. A journey within a journey.
on 13 April 2015
Yet to read but looks interesting and came highly recommended.
on 12 June 2001
This is THE most AMAZING book that I have ever read! I LOVED IT. I thought that it had a great plot twist at the end, and kept me gripped until the last page, and still i wanted more! Poor Sal when nana got bitten! I totaly reccoment this. I is EXCELLANT!