on 22 September 2016
Great book
on 3 March 2018
I didn't know there was a book until my daughter found it.
on 16 January 2016
I really enjoyed this book especially after seeing the film Sound of Music so many times.
on 12 March 2014
The Sound of Music was one of the first feature films I went to see at the cinema, and I have loved this film ever since.This book kept me captivated throughout, and lived up to my imagination of how wonderful Maria Von Trapp was. It gives a clear insight into the history surrounding the war , and how it affected the family. I would thoroughly recommend reading this book to anyone who loves history.
on 3 February 2016
A good book , still not read it yet. But glanced through.
on 11 April 2015
Very different from the musical but a very interesting read. I'm a very avid reader and if a book can't keep my interest in the first 2 or 3 pages I will not continue reading it, but it kept my interest the whole way through. I would definitely recommend this to any reader.
on 15 February 2017
I read it as a result of a trip to Salzburg. Truth is the movie is much better though not completely factual.
on 15 August 2013
A really easy and fascinating read.
Interesting to see the relationship to the fantasised story and to read what did happen to the family.
on 4 March 2014
arrived in time as stated. i have notv read all of the book yet , but it is nice to know the true story behind the film
on 4 April 2014
just finished reading this book. what a lovely true story of the real von trapps family. i am off to austria shortly and i am staying in the original trapps family home. it is now a hotel and i can t wait to see it. bought a second copy for a friend who loves austria.