Customer reviews

on 29 December 2017
Spot on, just what I wanted.
on 6 February 2016
Excellent condition, better than advertised, very fast delivery. Very pleased.
on 12 October 2017
Very accessible little guide
on 25 April 2015
Good book only thing I missed was the potential Free bottle of Vintage Port.
on 26 August 2016
very useful book,plenty to savor from beginer upward.
on 6 June 1999
I've read the german translation of this port companion. It is very helpful and well written. Very good pictures of Quintas and bottles make it a joyful read. The author gives details for wines and vintages on most quintas. Maybe he could have given more comments on vintages on some quintas, esp. the high rated ones.
on 18 October 1998
I'm relatively new to the joys of port wine, so when I saw this book I bought it immediately. I have not been disappointed. The helpful history, geography, tasting sections are relatively brief but interesting, and the review section is stellar. If you want to become an informed port consumer, buy this book!
on 22 October 2000
I also read the German translation of this book, and I must say I use it quite frequently to look up port companys before I buy their products. So far I can only agree to the ratings given by Mr. Spence. Looking into the book causes strong desire to drink a glass of this very special and delicious kind of wine.
on 14 May 2015
Excellent reference that should be a companion for anyone who loves port.