Customer reviews

Format: Library Binding|Change

on 23 May 2017
These books are wonderful! We purchase them before we go visit a new place with our kids (3, 5, and 8) and it really helps them look forward to what we are going to see during our trip. Some things are a bit out-of-date, but in the back they have little updates for the current state of things. The illustrations are great as well and the kids really like them. The amount of detail in the books relating to certain sites you might see or things the kids would appreciate is awesome. Definitely recommend these books if you are planning a family visit or if your kids would just like to learn about far away places.
such a great series
on 18 March 2017
lovely illustrations
on 9 April 2008
I purchased this book on a whim. In fact, I purchased it even before we had the trip planned. I almost forgot to bring it along when we did go. But my 4 year old daughter didn't. She seemed to like the illustrations. So when we did come upon the first sight that she recognized from her book (the coloseum) she became very animated. It made a huge impact on my daughters involvement in our family travel. She was no longer just a passenger along for the ride...she was involved in the trip and anticipated seeing things that she recognized from HER book.

The book also had an intriguing description of a key hole on top of the Aventine hill with a great view. We decided to hunt it down and were pleasantly surprised. It was a secret gem that wasn't mentioned in any of the guidebooks that we read.

I cannot recommend this book enough to anyone with a child 2-7 who is planning a trip to Rome. I am only sorry that I didn't buy the matching book for Venice as we went there after Rome. I searched in vain in the bookshops there but couldn't find it in English.
on 5 October 2016
My kids enjoyed reading this before our trip to Rome and when we were there, they enjoyed seeing things from the book!
on 30 January 2012
This book is vey detailed with lots if drawings. Having also this is Paris and this is Venice though I was disappointed. This is Paris is a fantastic book but we have found the Rome book less interesting and too detailed. My son reads the Paris book everyday but doesn't like the Rome book at all. Nothing wrong with the book but like all books depends what the child reader finds interesting
on 30 May 2015