Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 May 2013
How can I possibly comment on this classic? Ithought that, for such a reasonable prrice, the book was well produced and I enjoed re-reading a favourite from schooldays. This is a readable, imaginitive version of the biblical story of the rise and fall of Satan. Very rich poetry, painting vivd pictures.
on 17 June 2013
Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained, written by John Milton, is an amazing poem that talks about the Genesis story of Adam and Eve. I highly advise buyers to buy this edition from Amazon because it is a huge classic that has such a low price! :)
on 13 October 2013
I hadn't dipped into Milton since school days and was again enchanted by the depth and range of language and imagery which chracterises this epic poetry. Perhaps the combinaton of his strong faith, his blindness and his daughter's devotion helped MIlton to depict the scenes of the Fall of Man and his salvation in such rich colours to achieve the pinnacle of the u se of the English language.
on 22 November 2013
This is a great book if you are a fan of 17th Century verse.

Not the easiest book to read but once you get into it you get submerged in Milton's world and the issues he tackles.

Highly recommended for anyone who thinks they can handle it, but do some research first so you know what you're letting yourself in for - it's not a 'commuting' book.
on 16 April 2016
Tried to immerse into real English... still a bit 'difficult' to Polish speaking "Ponglish", but I will try. I read great translation into Polish in the past, but someone steal from me... :-( . Very nice poem....
on 28 October 2013
well worth reading although not for the faint hearted because its very intense so more like a reference book but makes interesting reading just have lots of patience to be read in stages as the book says its a classic!
on 13 August 2016
I bought this epic poem because I needed it for my A Levels, it's a set text. The book had the abstracts in yet no line numbers for reference. I found it hard to use and quote specific parts of the text as I found myself counting for the line numbers and labeling them myself. After I couldn't take it anymore, I bought a new one. The poem itself it's fine. For the price I paid, I wasn't too upset but for me, the line numbers are essential.
on 3 February 2016
I wouldn't say I loved it...or frankly liked it but it's my fault not Miltons. Heavy going indeed. Why I do it to myself I have no idea, just felt it was a book I should read. I was probably dropped as a child,that would explain it!
on 31 May 2014
I've always meant to read this and the little I have mastered so far is wonderful but it is a bit like academic study.
on 14 February 2016
Collins Classic 2013 Edition: Just found a typo on page 5, hmph! Another edition might be better.