Format: Hardcover|Change

on 13 March 2015
It’s been a while since I lost myself in Harriet’s world. Oh, how I’ve missed reading about Harriet. She’s just so darn normal and easy to relate to. Holly Smale really is a terrific writer and she deserves every success with this series.

Picture Perfect follows Harriet’s adventures in New York, after Harriet and her family have to move there for her father’s job. Harriet ends up landing a modelling job, but modelling in New York is a completely different experience. Harriet feels alone, her friends are back at home and her boyfriend Nick seems to be distant from her despite being in the same country!

I’m trying not to say too much, as it is best left for each reader to enjoy. What I will say though, is I love how Harriet is growing as a character. She’s still recognisable as our lovable Geek Girl, but she’s changing, she’s maturing, she’s rebelling! Harriet Manners is one of the most real characters I’ve read about. Any girl could be Harriet and I think this is what makes this series such a success.
on 28 February 2016
Daughter enjoyed this book
on 14 October 2015
My 12 year old daughter loves these books.

All good on the price delivery and packaging.
on 9 December 2014
Review: another hit from holly Smale, I love this series and couldn't wait to get my hands on this one, plus it was in beautiful hardback. Now that does mean that it doesn't match my other GG books but it is gorgeous and has some beautiful glasses on the actual cover itself, not that we judge books by their covers of course!

This story starts with a bang just like the others and the rest of the storyline carries on from there bringing mishaps and mayhem all the way through. There are some genuinely laugh out loud moments, as we can expect from this writer, but also some real aww moments and some times where Harriet gets herself in a fair amount of bother! The wonderful thing about this particular storyline is that it's all set around New York which makes for some fab NYC moments and a bit of romance on the Brooklyn Bridge too!

Harriet really excels in this latest novel. She is about to turn 16 and this really is a coming of age novel for her. She is still just as clueless when it comes to real life, despite her head for facts and figures but over the course of this novel we see her rebelling just a little bit more. I really liked her for this and it made for some excellent comedy moments! Nicks really comes into his own in the book too, he features a lot more heavily and is a bit of a grounding influence when it comes to Harriet. Of course Wilbur returns in this book, we love him and it wouldn't be the same without him and Harriet's parents also play a slightly bigger part this time. Because most of the novel is set in New York, we don't see as much of Harriet's friends from back home but they are ever present on the end of a phone, or in emails sent back and forth-lovely!

Overall this was just a really fun read. With a Geek Girl novel you know you are going to get some really funny moments, almost slapstick comedy but with a strong moral message and a strong feminist message as well. Harriet seems to be struggling with the feminist issue more in this novel, but it really comes through in the end. The book is well rounded, pacey and just a really good read. I think it would work as a stand alone but it would definitely recommending reading the previous two books first because they are both awesome in themselves!
on 6 June 2014
Woo hoo! Harriet Manners is back in a gut-wrenchingly hilarious third book!
Harriet has a simple plan for the summer:
Get exam results
Go back to school
Phone Nick regularly
Avoid Alexa
But then her parents throw the bombshell at her and Harriet has to give up everything she loves... the Manners are moving to NY!
This book, as well as being funny, is also quite serious. Harriet hasn't seen her boyfried since, like, FOREVER, and she can't wait to see him again. But when Nick forgets her birthday, Harriet begins to wonder... is her boyfriend really who she thinks he is? Has she romanticized him?
Throw in a new modelling job, an over-eager teen stylist who disapproves of Nick, a boy who seems almost too good to be true, and of course the ridiculous antics of Wilbur Evans, and there you have it.
Geek Girl Book 3, Picture Perfect.
Enjoy!
on 14 May 2017
I absolutely adored this book, and the series. A fantastic read for all ages.
on 19 February 2017
Hilarious? Where, point just one joke out to me, go on, I dare you to find one.
Harriet Manners, the character, has completely lost what small measure of likability she once had. Now she's some insane, egocentric, immature, shallow puddle of a girl.
Nick, remains her cardboard ideal of a boyfriend - funnier still, even she realises in this instalment that he's barely in her life or that their relationship is anything other than her fawning after a mythical ideal of love, that doesn't exist.
There's not a likeable character here in any way, shape or form, okay, maybe the teacup pig was okay.
Her parents made me wince. Harriet's childish reactions to her life not going as she imagined made her seem like a twelve year old rather than sixteen.
There's nothing here to like, let alone love. I had to stop reading at the 75% mark, I was tired of flinching every time Harriet opened her mouth or had an inane thought. Don't care.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 August 2014
3.5 stars.

Harriet is still Harriet - kooky, eccentric, loveable.
But this time the formula is starting to wear.

Set soon after the second book, when our adorable heroine has quit modelling. It's GCSE results time. Harriet and her friends are all nervous about their futures. But where is Nick on Harriet's important day? And why are her parents putting their belongings in boxes?

Her happy little world is about to get turned upside down. And just how Harriet copes with it is what readers of this series will be keen to see.

Except it felt a bit forced to me. It's 400 pages but it feels like very little actually happens. Alexa does her usual and initiates problems for Harriet. Nick hardly appears, smoulders from across the world and leaves Harriet to wonder how he feels about her (even though they are 'diary official' boyfriend/girlfriend). And you thought her modelling career was over? Well, where would the books be without her clumsy attempts to infiltrate the fashion world with her factoids and terrible dress sense?

Everything makes it's check listed appearance. And I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it. I love Harriet. And I always learn lots of interesting facts from these books. But it felt almost like half a book, and bitty. We see her friends, her family, a tutor plot, a secret modelling assignment, boyfriend trouble, but it's all quite quick and fast-moving from one to the other. Harriet learns some lessons (with sudden moments of revelation after some quite stunningly naive and suggestible decisions) and stumbles uncannily back to where you want her. The plot comes to an end when I thought it was just taking off.

I have to say, I just love Harriet's parents. They are my favourite characters. I want them to be my parents! A wonderful double act who could have their own spinoff. Toby is underused this time around, as is Nat. And Nick is just eye candy really (and also unrealistic in one sense - he's seventeen and never pushes Harriet beyond a kiss? Shows the age of the intended market I think). But he is sweet.

Anyway, those are my rambling thoughts. I love Ms Manners. I will probably still read book 4 as there are many aspects I love about this series. I recommend it to library readers already, aged 11-14. And I think it has a lot of merit. But it's not the best of the series.
on 25 June 2014
So far I have read every single book in this series I think they are all absolutely amazing and educational at the same time because the amount of new facts that are in this book is extraordinary. Please read!!
on 26 June 2016
This is the 4th book in the GG series, if you don't count the World Book Day one or All Wrapped Up, so yeah.

Harriet Manners is nearly 16. She has just come back from a whirlwind Modelling trip in Tokyo to find the cutest ever baby sister, Tabitha Manners.
Everything is TOTALLY going her way.

What Else Could She Want???

When Harriet goes to get her exam results, she is so excited, she even planned out how she wanted it to go. In a neatly ordered list, doubly underlined. With Bullet points. But when Alexa- Her ARCH NEMESIS... dun dun dun duuuuun...- gets hold of Harriet's new diary, the one with all her deepest secrets and feelings for everything and everyone, she feels her life is doooooooooooooooooooooomed....
dun dun dun DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN.........................

Until her Crazy Father Drops A Bombshell...
THE MANNERS FAMILY ARE MOVING TO AMEEEEERRRICAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes, The Manners' are going global.
Harriet's life then goes into TURMOIL once that has been announced.

Stuck in a dingy house in Greenway, with only a sister, a stepmum and a homeschool tutor for company, H feels she may die of boredom.
Then she discovers a modelling agency, in NY city.
Suddenly, the boring house and grumpy family members are swapped for a glamorous skyscraper modelling agency and equally glam girls, all vying with eachother to get their face on a magazine.
Harriet finds companions, old and new, and they help her through her crazy modelling journey.

Will Harriet ever go back to England? Will Harriet's Dad quit his NY job?

T3M x