Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 December 2016
Really enjoyed Poirot's final case, although I have read it before some years ago. Hugh Fraser reads all the Poirot novels very well, and, In fact, nobody reads them better.
on 15 January 2014
I wanted to compare the book with the recent TV adaptation which I found disappointing. Ingenious plot a fitting end to the Poirot series. The Kindle version has an excellent section at the end with summaries of all the Poirot cases. Very useful and, armed with this, I might well (re-)read others in the series.
on 20 February 2014
I have been putting off reading this book for years. Monsieur Poirot and his leetle grey cells have been entertaining me since I was a teenager, both in book and on TV. After a shaky start, David Suchet has been superb at playing the strange little Belgian detective. But now he's done as they have filmed and broadcast Curtain. I have had it sitting on my Sky Plus hard-drive for months, taking up space. It's time to watch it, but I had to make myself read the book first. So I have and I'm giving it 5 stars, not for the quality of the story (it was good, though not great like, say, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd) but to recognise the sheer reading pleasure the Poirot books have provided me for over more than thirty years.

Au revoir, Herecule - I'll miss you.
on 3 September 2014
What an amazing last book of my favourite ever detective! This is a little different than your usual Poirot story but at the same time the cleverness of Poirot is ever-present in it. A must read for any who is a fan of Agatha Christie and Poirot!!
VINE VOICEon 7 February 2014
This is a wonderful tale, full of twists and turns and is a fitting end for one of the world's greatest literary detectives.
I think Agatha Christie is a master of the mystery novel and always enjoy her work. Whilst there is a certain poignancy that this is Poirot's last story, Christie does him proud with a tale that will have you gripped to the last page.
on 16 October 2015
I saw the this as the last ever episode of Poirot on TV and had to get the book. Not disappointed; an excellent read even though I knew the outcome.
on 5 August 2016
Great book, better than the finale of the TV series with Suchet!
VINE VOICEon 9 September 2014
Just after I bought this they showed the story on TV with David Suchet. It was a pretty faithful rendition so if you watched the TV show you might not get much more out of the book. But ignoring that aspect its a classic Agatha Christie Poirot and if your a fan you will enjoy it.
on 11 September 2016
My wife enjoyed this book
on 18 March 2013
As an avid Poirot fan since my childhood, I have read many of Agatha Christie's novels. When I bought this I, with some niavity, didn't really think that Poirot's last case would result in his death! In hind-sight, it was the only fitting way for such a genius to end his illustrious career.

The plot is as fulfilling as ever and Christie has once again captured Poirot's enigmatic performance.

A terrific read, although I was left shaken for a couple of days when the reality of no more Poirot 'sunk-in'. try to be brave!! Ha x