on 10 March 2014
you think lord of the rings and expect the book to be as fast paced as the films it's not... this is the hardest read I have ever done, it's long it's extremely boring at times and leaves you feeling defeated after a days read.... I'm tired now
33 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 January 2015
One of the greatest adaptations of The Lord of the Rings ever made. It would be very hard to be disappointed with this production. From the cast to the theme music and the well paced directing, it is close to perfect.
on 22 December 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book. I've seen the film's and I thought the book would be as long winded as the film's. However I found the opposite and the book is fast moving and interesting. The detail is fantastic!
on 2 September 2013
Bought the hobbit when it was on sale for 99p as I've wanted to read it for ages and it was just what I wanted. It's a kids book so wasn't great in depth but good story and made me laugh sometimes, kept me interested.
on 28 March 2013
Word for word accurate and clear to understand. It devides the book into the various sections that follows the charecters so in effect you get two books in this version, whereas in som you have to get them seperately.
on 6 January 2013
Read this when I was about 12 and after reading it 10 years later, it's just as good. Definitely a children's book, as evident by the language used, but a damn good book nonetheless. An essential book for all to read.
on 15 May 2016
the only issue was the delay in the arrival of the book - it is a story I know and love from years ago - but my original copy had been long lost in one of many house moves .. am pleased to have my own copy once more.
on 30 January 2015
This book was a very fascinating book. It is a fantasy book and I would recommend it to people who like long and enjoyable books. This is one of my favourites as well as other J. R. R. Tolkien and Harry Potter books.
on 19 January 2014
Read this years ago, and was just as I remember when bought on the kindle recently. Fantasy and adventure gets the mind racing through out, and can't wait to start reading to my grand kids ( when they're old enough).
on 15 November 2013
By far, the best story ever written. It grew the feeling of being within the adventure, as if being the 15th companion. Thought, sad are the thoughts of the end of line of Durin.
By far the best work by Tolkien!