on 9 September 2014
As always, quick & efficient service and the book arrived in good time & in perfect order.
I give 4 stars only out of spite as the puzzles are beyond me, maybe if I was a bit cleverer I'd give it five.
Great challenge though, there's an example crossword at the beginning along with an explanation of the code/system of solving the clues to get you started, but there's nothing like the feeling of solving a few tough ones yourself and realising it wasn't that difficult afterall.
It'll keep you occupied for hours.
on 18 January 2016
I bought this as a gift for a friend who enjoys doing the Times Crosswords at the weekends. He loved it. Each crossword kept him busy and was a handy companion to take to the beach and/or on trips away. If you or a friend are a fan of crosswords, you can't go far wrong with this book.
on 22 March 2014
The Times cryptic crossword is the best crossword in the world - what more can one say? If I cannot access the newspaper on line then I suffer withdrawal symptoms if I don't have this book with me.
on 2 May 2014
I love these crosswords. They are fun and challenging. I would recommend this to anyone who loves crossword puzzles. Will order more later.
on 17 February 2014
Having just finished Cryptic Crossword Book 17, I decided to tackle Number 18. I've only done the first couple but not disappointed. The book, which contains a selection set, in the main, by the same guys who did the previous volume, will now keep me pleasantly occupied for some months. It's also my number one holiday book - beats any number of paperbacks!
on 17 October 2014
Probably a bit difficult for a relative beginner such as myself, but there are enough puzzles that hopefully by the end I'll be good enough to buy the next edition.
on 27 March 2014
Living abroad this is the cheapest way to get a supply of crosswords. Just a shame that there are only 80 per year!
on 14 January 2015
Brilliant, more than met expectations, hours of mind activity, most certainly a good buy!
on 13 July 2014
Great thank you.
on 2 February 2015
Good way of relaxing at the end of the day. Standards vary so some easier than others