on 9 September 2014
As always, quick & efficient service and the book arrived in good time & in perfect order.
I give 4 stars only out of spite as the puzzles are beyond me, maybe if I was a bit cleverer I'd give it five.
Great challenge though, there's an example crossword at the beginning along with an explanation of the code/system of solving the clues to get you started, but there's nothing like the feeling of solving a few tough ones yourself and realising it wasn't that difficult afterall.
It'll keep you occupied for hours.
on 18 January 2016
I bought this as a gift for a friend who enjoys doing the Times Crosswords at the weekends. He loved it. Each crossword kept him busy and was a handy companion to take to the beach and/or on trips away. If you or a friend are a fan of crosswords, you can't go far wrong with this book.
on 22 March 2014
The Times cryptic crossword is the best crossword in the world - what more can one say? If I cannot access the newspaper on line then I suffer withdrawal symptoms if I don't have this book with me.
on 19 May 2016
Keeps your brain working.
on 2 February 2015
Good way of relaxing at the end of the day. Standards vary so some easier than others
on 17 October 2014
Probably a bit difficult for a relative beginner such as myself, but there are enough puzzles that hopefully by the end I'll be good enough to buy the next edition.
on 16 January 2015
loved them
on 23 June 2015
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 August 2014