Customer reviews

on 6 September 2015
I have a number of photography books but struggle to understand most. These books are very easy to follow & I love the assignments.
on 24 May 2017
Very good almost new ex. Library.
on 27 April 2017
good
on 7 April 2017
Really useful alongside other photo books for beginners I purchased. Glad I got it.
on 9 May 2014
As a professional photographer ,two of the most common questions are: "What camera should I buy? "

The next question "How do I become a better photographer ?"

Complete Photography Projects is the ideal tool to see the "bigger picture" in progressing and developing your skills with your camera. Both authors have extensive experiance as professional photographers over a lifetime dedicated to photography, which comes across in the practical and positive advice, helping you to expand your skill as a creative photographer.

By working on a project you will understand your subject better and realise the full potential of your equipment .The book is written by photographers for photographers who have a passion for their craft.

Nick Carter

[...]
on 24 March 2016
Just what I needed a practical guide with useful tips and information into day's technical world
on 30 November 2013
This is the kind of book that helps you make better pictures simply because it talks about situations that you may face when taking pictures. It is more about practice than theory. The descriptions are clear and useful. The choice of pics is very nice and diverse too. I have the electronic version and I really like the way it has been designed. I would recommend it to hobbyists like me who try to get better at their craft. It's like learning from the best and then, it's all in your hands! I have no excuses to make bad pics any more!
on 28 February 2014
Having had a break from photography since school 44 years ago, I wanted an experiential text that got me started again now that I have retired. Cameras have gone digital of course and post exposure processing means that I have a lot to catch up on .
This book suits me to a tee. It is devised into a series of examples and project areas of the various genres of photography, with example shots and details of lighting, exposure and any post exposure work given. Equipment expectations are those of the serious amateur with occasional dips into studio gear as examples of what can be achieved...but the authors are both professional photographers of long standing experience
Projects include home/indoor and of course out and about, so fresh air is an added bonus..
Then it is up to you.( am still working through project 2 and my wife can see some improvements already.)
on 23 June 2014
For anyone wanting to improve their photography then this book is a must.
It couldn't have been put together more successfully than by these two excellent professional photographers. I wholeheartedly agree with all the other comments on this book.
Buy it! You won't be disappointed & your improved photography will be proof enough!
on 30 May 2016
This fabulous book is project based, and ideas for projects in photography are crucial. As a final year photography degree student, I found this book a great source of inspiration for my own work.

Each chapter contains an introduction to the theme in question, followed by a selection of projects to try, often in a logical order of skill development and learning. Throughout the book there is an emphasis on technical, creative and conceptual photography.

Rather than encouraging the ownership of a huge array of photographic equipment, the authors encourage you to ‘work’ a project, perhaps by using natural light and then flash, or by approaching the subjects from different angles for example.

I particularly liked the projects with instructions and photographs depicting the setting up and layout of a shoot, such as the classic still life project, amongst others.

The book has a selection of beautiful photography on every page, taken by the authors. When I finished reading and looking at it, I came away with a strong desire to get moving and try all the luscious projects for myself.