Format: Hardcover|Change

on 14 February 2015
Excellent would recommend it for anyone interested in world statistcs- populations etc
on 6 September 2014
Excellently produced, with many pages relating to social, economic and political topics appearing in the first section. In fact this 'preface' is replete with further information of a topographical and geographical nature and provides a welcome introduction to what is a first-rate atlas.

Of course, the meat of this book is represented by its copious maps of all regions of the world and there is not a lot to say other than it is well designed and despite the myriad of detail, easy on the eye. It is possible to spend over thirty minutes looking at one page due to the breadth of detail within.

The quality of the print and paper make the experience of browsing an atlas even more compelling and, whilst it is possible to glean such information on-line quite easily, there is something more enlightening by being able to see this information in paper format. I highly recommend this atlas to those of us who are fascinated by maps and by the world around us.
on 5 February 2013
Bought this for my husband's birthday, and to replace our 1981 atlas, as I reckoned there might have been a few changes since then! This is a lovely atlas, with great maps, satellite imagery, more facts and statistics than I personally would ever want bu t my husband is into that sort of thing! Really good value.
on 22 May 2015
We got this atlas because my children wanted to have a 'real' one, not a children's atlas. We all love it, it is exactly want we wanted. The only problem is keep in mind it's a paperback, it will quickly bend on the corners and look used. For us it's fine, we wanted it for the children so we didn't necessarily want a 'beautiful' book.
on 20 January 2015
Christmas gift for hubby!
on 8 July 2014
Clear maps. Good index. Well laid out (and how nice that America is not the "important country at the front"). Ideal to check up where a place is - and includes all countries, even South Sudan.
Outstanding value for money.
on 11 February 2014
I wanted to update my ageing atlas. I choose the Collins Reference Atlas because it looked to offer everything that I wanted, Clear mapping together with a lot of information.
I could not have been more pleased with this purchase, it gave me everything I wanted and more. The maps were of superb quality and the reference section gave a great deal of information that allows a map fan (such as myself) plenty to keep one occupied and interested for may hours.
If like me you want a good atlas packed with useful information then this is the atlas for you.
on 18 December 2014
It is very good giving lots of helpful statistics and other interesting information.An attractive and useful world Atlas.
Now I need an Atlas of specific countries. Particularly of North America and Canada. and Australia for starters.
It arrived so quickly. Thank you again Amazon.
on 2 October 2015
I was quite disappointed by this product. The maps aren't quite big enough and the font is too small to read town names, etc. I had to buy another editions in a shop to actually see better what the content was like as this one just doesn't work for me -- too cramped = too difficult to read (even though I have 20/20 vision!).
on 1 February 2013
Excellent quality we wish we had bought ourselves one earlier great value for the money and increasing our knowledge of the world