Cheryl: My Story
Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 January 2014
I'm not sure how this book came to be in my kindle library but according to my Amazon account I purchased it on 1st Jan 2013, perhaps it was deal of the day or something, it was certainly an impulse buy.
I am not a big Cheryl fan but I don't dislike her either. I loved Popstars The Rivals and I was a big X Factor follower although I have to admit to being less interested in recent years. Cheryl was a bright pretty girl and is now a stunning, well dressed woman who I sometimes read about in glossy magazines or see interviewed on TV but that's where my interest ends.
I chose to read this book simply for a change in reading material and I have to say I really, really enjoyed it.
It would never win any prizes for literary greatness but the grammar and editing is better than many e books and there is a touching honesty to the way it is written ( this doesn't mean everything written is the truth but I guess we will never really know)
There is very little here that hasn't been reported in the media but it is told from Cheryl's point of view and the reader is left with the feeling that she really loved, and still does, love Ashley Cole. That she was surprised by the level of media interest in her life, not sure why but there you go, and that she would live her life quite happily away from the limelight.
Like many I would say that Cheryl got what she wanted with regards to fame and fortune but sadly along with that came a lot that she did not want.
Certainly since her injunction against the media and leaving the X Factor, the face of Cheryl Cole has been far less public and from reading her book one has to assume this is something she has engineered and is what she really wants.
There are rumours that she may return to X Factor this year, based on what is written in this book I would say it is highly unlikely, if she does return I would only assume that this book was another money making project and that there is very little truth in what she has written regarding her desire for a quiet life away from public view..............somewhat cynical of me I know, but we will see.
Having said all that, great read Cheryl, well done!
on 10 August 2015
After reading Cheryl's book, it just goes to show you cannot believe everything the media likes you to think of her or what she has been through.
Her journey to where she is now was definitely eventful, with many up's and down's which she fights through.
She does tell you about her marriage breakdown, which is horrible. The climb up Kilimanjaro, her fight with Malaria and addresses the rumours about alleged love interests.
She is so open and honest, you will laugh and cry throughout.
Before reading I didn't really know a lot about her other then she was in girls aloud, married a footballer and was on the X Factor.
My personal opinion changed, this story will really touch your heart
on 27 December 2012
It's good to read the truth straight from a celebrities mouth rather than from made up stories in the press. Cheryl shares her childhood memories & how she dreamed of becoming a dancer, she gives us an honest account of her teenage years & the relationships she had & how she watched her brother & many friends succumb to drug's & crime. There is a lovely insight into the Girls Aloud years & the friendships they for formed. Her relationship & marriage to Ashley is laid bare & Cheryl is open & honest about her devastation at his affairs & at the ending of their marriage & how the following years she succumbed into a bleak darkness. The X Factor years are chronicled & her relationship with Cowell is documented, she speaks about Derek Hough &Will.I.am & their strong friendships. Her battle with malaria & her US X Factor stint features. She charts her solo career & finishes her book on a high. I really enjoyed reading this it makes you realise that Cheryl is just like any of us, she dreams & bleeds like us all.
on 17 January 2013
Really enjoyed reading this book but only cos I like Cheryl and I also live in Newcastle so it was a must-read for me. It's pretty good actually. She's not gonna win any rewards for her writing, but it is kinda hard to put down.
Sometimes though, I feel like she needs to buckle up as she mentions crying alot, but I think that's just me. It's understandable considering some of the things that happened to her!
She also very much plays the good girl all throughout, but it is her book so what do you expect?
I hate Ashley Cole. Why does she still call herself Cheryl Cole?! Why not go back to Cheryl Tweedy?!

Hope her and Tre work out, he's beautiful. Seems so much better for her than Ashley!
on 7 February 2013
I really enjoyed this book Cheryl showed all through this book that she is a normal, down-to-earth person. She is not big headed or flash where most celebrities are very keen to show off.

Cheryl has had a lot of heart-ache not just from Ashley Cole but from friends when she was younger who got mixed up in drugs (which she managed to steer clear off). Also her brother caused a lot of pain as well. Cheryl loves her family very much and this does come across.
on 12 March 2016
I'm not a reader of biographies really but I found myself drawn to Cheryl's. It's honest and real, refreshingly so. She invites you into her life in a way that makes you withhold any prejudices and just take it in, one human being to another. She's admirably affable and relatable despite her life being quite extraordinary. She puts the ordinary in extraordinary in an inspirational way. I enjoyed it, good 'switch off & relax' reading.
on 1 May 2015
I had my doubts about buying this book, but once I started. I knew that I was going this E Book. She was very courageous about her life and absolutely Proud of who she was. Fame didn't change her.

In summing up this book', don't be put off , try a sample. Excellent book.
on 26 November 2016
Really interesting book. Takes you through the highs and lows of her career but right through she comes across as a "normal" young woman with her feet planted very much in her Geordie roots. She has gone through so much in her short life that if you don't come out of the end of this book wanting to fight her corner for/with her you aren't human!!!
on 3 November 2015
I have always liked Cheryl and therefore expected to enjoy this book. However, I was surprised at how well it was written and how raw the truth came over.we all envy fame and fortune, but how this beautiful young woman has been treated by the British press is nothing short of scandalous. A great story of a very ordinary girl who 'done good'. Well worth a read.
on 19 October 2013
Was really looking forward to reading Cheryl's autobiography but I was slightly disappointed when I finished it. Cheryl doesn't really go into anything in great detail and there isn't really anything in here that hasn't been written about in the papers. All in all it's ok but nothing to shout home abiut