Customer reviews

Shoeless Joe
Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 September 2015
I have always loved the Kevin Costner film and watch it whenever it is on TV, despite owning the DVD. I loved the book and I can only describe it as unputdownable. The film was so very much like the book I almost knew what was going to happen next. Apart from a name change of the abducted author it was the film. Usually I take the book and film as two separate entities as film moves away from the book (Under the Dome a classic example). First time I have bought a book on the strength of a film and I certainly love both. Another title to add to my top 20 titles.
on 21 November 2017
Very much like the film but with some more detail. An enchanting vision and enchanting in its telling. Read at a slow pace to get the real feel of it....you will breath it in.
on 21 July 2013
having owned "field of dreams" on dvd for several years, the chance to buy "shoeless Joe" was to good to miss. if your a fan of the film then this book is a must buy. it thurther enhances the story that a 1 hour 40 min film cant possibly cover. enjoy.
4 people found this helpful
on 11 January 2018
Oh how I loved the film, my favourite of all time. The book wonders off to descriptions of matches attended by the characters and that, for me, was little boring. The inclusion of a twin brother was also a surprise and I felt unnecessary. However the words " my name's Archie Graham" still sent shivers up my spine.
on 5 November 2017
Really cleverly written. I don't know anything about baseball and didn't really need too.Not that kind of sports book. Did he buy the farm?
on 22 April 2014
I loved this book it is even better than the film Field of Dreams which was inspired by it. I intend to pass it on to some of my friends.
4 people found this helpful
on 30 January 2014
Difficult to rate it arrived on time perfect book I have loved Field of dreams for years when I recently became aware.of book I had to read it
So far.i. finding it difficult as it has many base ball reference which I don't understand ..but perseverance is the name.of the game !

I
on 14 September 2017
Nice gentle book. If you like the film, you will like the book.
on 28 May 2015
I saw and enjoyed the film before I read the book. Though not exactly the same store they are similar to each other and both have the same enjoyable tone. If you enjoyed the film I think you will like the book
on 25 August 2017
If you love the film this won't disappoint. It does highlight differences to the film but both sit comfortably along side one another. Loved it!