Format: Hardcover|Change

on 3 February 2016
I saw this in John Lewis when I was Christmas shopping and thought it was such an interesting and gorgeously illustrated book. It is a brilliant idea and is so interesting as a coffee table book you can pick up and look through at leisure.
I actually purchased it from Amazon at a fraction on the RRP.
It was a gift for my husband and he loved it.
on 20 July 2016
My whole family really love this fascinating and beautiful book
on 13 June 2017
The visualisation of information has a champion with David McCandless but there's little here that wow's. It's all a little workmanlike, which is perfect for a daily online newspaper section but I'd have prefered that the information design in this book was better suited to the medium and contained more examples that are equally powerful at birdseye and ground level view.
on 16 December 2015
I can't believe its been allowed on Kindle with such poor quality images... And images is what the book is all about. Hard to see the data!
on 27 March 2017
Great product, great service.
on 29 January 2017
Brilliant
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 March 2010
I bought this expecting more about how to do my own infographics - I was totally wrong as its just page after page of the authors work. That said, the graphics and their subjects are both so compelling that I am not at all disappointed. A book to get you thinking - as all the best graphics do - about the data, not the display method.
on 21 September 2016
A beautiful catalog of Infographics to show by example the variety of ways information can be displayed. Lots of curious information too.
on 31 March 2013
I had seen this book in paper form and thought it looked great. I decided that as it was available as a Kindle book it would look great on my iPad. What a let down. The translation to Kindle is dreadful many of the diagrams will not orientate correctly to enable you to read them ie they display sideways. You have to autolock orientation and keep rotating the iPad and zooming in/out to view pages correctly.

The content is obviously still interesting but a very sloppy implementation on Kindle. Publisher if you are going to put it on Kindle do it properly. If I had been aware of this poor implementation I would have purchased the paper copy.
on 21 September 2010
I wanted this book from the day I read about it, but waited until the printing errors were sorted out. Amazon haven't really highlighted the publishers note that says this is now on to the third reprint, and is therefore error free. So I now have a copy. And it was worth the 6 month wait.

This really is beautiful. The way some of the figures are presented is brilliantly original, and really fires the imagination for how information could be better presented. And I was surprised at some practical pages as well - eg salad dressing recipes, with quantities represented visually.

This is one of those books that will sit in the book case and be dipped into every now and again for inspiration. Enjoy it.
11 Comment| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse