on 9 June 2010
For those readers interested I thought I would point out, that these books are much easier to read the reissue The Return of the King: Return of the King Vol 3 (Lord of the Rings). This book is larger yes but not much heavier and is easier to hold, while the text is more spread out, rather then close together on the pages. I know this is not much of a review but Im hoping It might help people decide which version to get. I have both version of the Trilogy and I have to say there is not that much differance in the text. And to the collectors out there I would say buy both Trilogy Editions, they are cheaper now and both have a different art style cover. Who would'nt want more of Tolkiens World!
One person found this helpful
on 26 February 2013
I'm of that generation that read Lord of the Rings in their late teens over forty years ago. My son loved it in his turn, and I'm now waiting to introduce it to my grandson, hence these lovely new copies, complete with Alan Lee's illustrations. The films were great too, but you have to read the books - this is the final part, so make sure you read the other two first. You may find yourself reading them more than once, or indeed quite regularly, and yes, you''ll be somewhat "away with the fairies" by then, but in very good company! A classic and more.
on 12 December 2017
already known to terrific
on 9 January 2017
Not read it yet but a quick look is very promising.
on 9 May 2018
A timeless story so well told hope to read it again someday. Everyone should read this at least one time.
on 11 January 2017
Takes you on a fantastic journey and never disappoints from Bilbo's unexpected journey to Frodo's epic struggle middle earth will always be a magical place to lose yourself......
on 4 December 2017
The picture advertised by seller is of the new cover/new looking book.
I received a well used but decent enough conditioned old 1990s copy
on 7 March 2017
Brilliant book
on 30 March 2016
I read the book 20 times. Now I enjoy listening to the Audio book.
on 26 February 2014
Decided to update my Tolkein items with this unabridged CD audiobook.What can one say about a majestic story,except that it
has been a pleasure to listen to.