Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 March 2017
on 11 June 2017
Absolutely loved this book! What a page turner. I read cold killing, and was surprised this book was just as good. Looking forward to the next Luke Delaney.
on 27 July 2015
great can`t wait to read the next one
on 5 February 2014
A good read but it wasn't the book I thought it would be, I lobe a book that I can't put down, thus didn't fit the bill
on 3 March 2016
Amazing, riveting,terrifying and amazing characters. Second book I've read of DI Corrigan . Will be reading them all!!!! A must read
This is the second full length book featuring Sean Corrigan.

Sean Corrigan is back and on the hunt for a man who is kidnapping and murdering young women in London. The book follows the murder team trying to work out who would want to take women from their homes in broad daylight, then murder them over a week later. At the same time, we have the narrative from the kidnapper and get a real understanding for his thoughts and motivations. A few chance observations and deductions lead Corrigan to the doorstep of the killer.

What makes this such an outstanding read is the character of Corrigan and the construction of the plot. It feels like a real police investigation and some of the conversations between members of the murder investigation team are believable. Strong characterization makes this compelling to read. Just as Corrigan has great empathy for the kidnapper and his warped thinking, we also are encouraged to see the kidnapper as a fully rounded individual. The kidnapper isn't just an evil person, but a product of an abusive and neglected environment.

Reading this book will make you reluctant to answer the door to postmen.
on 10 April 2014
I love this author , this is the second book I've purchased of his , he's an awsome crime writer . I really couldn't put this book down . DI Corrigan is a really great character , and one I hope he continues to write books about . This book is fast paced , great characters , great baddie , I just love a good serial killer . The ending was truly gripping . Well done Mr Delaney , keep them coming . 5 stars from me . P.S Mr Delaney get on Facebook plz then I know when u r releasing a new novel .
on 13 June 2014
I couldn't wait to read this book after Luke Delaney's fantastic first book "Cold Killing" which was probably my favourite read all year,but i was to be so disappointed with this.
The story started well but there was far too much tedious and repetative build up,far too many nasty rape and masturbation scenes which i found very uncomfortable to read and then suddenly the book ended in about six pages leaving me feeling i had lost a couple of chapters somewhere.
Not a book i would recommend.
on 18 June 2014
an excellent second book by this great writer, hope he keeps up the good work.a must read if you like thrillers.
on 3 July 2015
Found That I could not put it down.as wanted to see if I could work out the conclusion