Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 July 2017
bad
on 14 October 2015
I was away for a few days and wanted a bit of light relief from some of the grimmer Fantasy offerings I’ve been recently sampling – and this new addition to my Kindle, courtesy of Himself suddenly seemed like a very good idea.

Yes, yes, I know. Vampires. Again. But this offering has a welcome sprinkling of humour, and as you see from the cover, neither does it deal in indecent boring detail about their sexiness, either. Meena is struggling to cope with the aftermath of what went down in the first book – as well as continuing to cope when she’s confronted with how people might die. And she keeps annoying Alaric, who to be honest, initially comes across as something of a berk. Although when juxtaposed with Lucien’s smooth patter, he quickly grew on me. But it’s Meena who holds the plot together. Her strong belief that no one is doomed forever, as well as her frantic efforts to try and head off the deaths of people she encounters are by turns humorously dappy and hopelessly idealistic. While I often want to shake such heroines till their teeth rattle, I just wanted to put an arm around Meena and gently explain to her how the world really works.

So why? I suspect it’s the way she’s written. Cabot is an experienced writer with a slew of successful books behind her and it shows. The characters are well depicted and enjoyable, the storyline was engrossing and provided some twists and turns. And for all the chirpy tone, there were still some death and destruction that had me fearful for the surviving cast in case Cabot offed someone I really cared about. I had the strong impression that she wouldn’t be afraid to kill off a major character…

The story arc raced towards the inevitable climax – and came to a satisfying ending that had me reading waaay into the night to find out what happened. If you enjoy urban fantasy, then give Overbite a go, but my firm advice would be to read Insatiable first. This series is worth savouring.
on 12 October 2013
I have read both books and found them extremely good, but I hope that there will be a third book, because this one is left in the air, not knowing whether Lucian is still alive, it is intimated because Meena found the picture of Joan of Arc in her bedroom, although I like Aleric, it seems to me that the first guy that the girl falls in love with gets dumped, he has done everything to prove that he is good, ok so he is a vampire, but if you fall deeply I love, that cannot just go away, most books always end with the girl falling for someone else, it would be great if this time Meena goes back to Lucien and helps him because his mother was part angel. Well that's what I think and am looking forward to the third book, by the way does anyone know when that will be. Great read and recommend.
on 3 July 2013
It's a good book however the ending was a surprise and leaves the reader unsure if there will be another book depending on which pair in the love triangle you prefer but that's just my preference.
on 4 September 2012
A very enjoyable book for teenagers and young adults. At first i did'nt realise there was a book written before this one so i ended up reading the second book in the series first. However, I did'nt have a problem with that, as it was easy to pick up and understand. A very different genre and type of book to what Meg Cabot usualy writes but altogether a great book :-)
on 7 July 2014
Love both of the books found it hard to put down as they both have so much drama, action and full of twist I didn't see coming But I must say overbite is a bit shorter than her other book and the ending could have been longer and not so rushed. Am now going to read more of her books at I feel she is a great writer.
on 10 December 2013
It's a easy book to read. Full of action and events. a great sequel of the previous book Insatiable. Only the very end conclusion between Meena and Alaric was rushed and not as smooth as the rest of the story. But I still liked the book.
on 23 June 2015
Gutted by the ending, Lucien should of ' lived', defo gonna read more of meg Cabot books in the future
on 5 April 2013
Terrific book just what I was looking for so great to get a whole triolgy and such a fast service.
on 29 September 2016