on 5 August 2014
Loved it. Cannot wait for the next book to arrive. Derek Landy weaves an entertaining tale that fascinates young and old. A wise-cracking skeleton, a hidden world of magic on the brink of discovery, a young magic-user discovering the depth of her power, then give a group of teens without knowledge or restraint extreme magical ability. How long can the magical community stay hidden?
on 20 July 2017
I love this book soooooooo much it has completely inspired me and encouraged me. This book and series should be not just bestsellers but worldwide bestsellers! It is a must read!!!!!!
on 30 July 2016
Best book ever
on 11 May 2014
Great read like the others in the series. Interesting characters and funny in parts. Well worth a read but suggest starting from the first volume.
on 15 October 2014
Great book series. How could you not love a skeleton with a sense of humour and a big gun?
on 4 September 2012
Honestly, I say I love it, but I really do love them all. And you really wouldn't need a review of this because if you're buying it, it means you've read the others and loved them too.Hah.
on 15 January 2013
This book was amazing it came as such a shock to me when Valkyrie's reflection killed Carol, and when that other girl reached into her chest and squeezed her heart MY heart stopped!
on 16 December 2012
My son is a massive fan of the Skulduggery series especially as he met the author at a book signing event last year.
on 25 October 2012
Kingdom of the Wicked (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 7)
I have not personally read all the series, but my grandson began reading them as a grumpy pre-teen, scarcely putting them down except to eat!!!! I think this is high praise indeed and I believe is a good recommendation of the sheer reading pleasure these books generate. They are different and unusual. Let's face it, how often do you meet a detective who is a skeleton? This last one 'Kingdom of the Wicked' he requested as a gift, after obtaining 10GCSEs in August. He has been a discerning and avid reader since childhood, and hopes to teach English and History, and hopefully become a published author himself one day. I thank Derek Landy for the pleasure his unusual but very entertaining series of books has given my grandson.10/10
on 9 September 2012
Derek Landy has milked this story for everything it has, and it just keeps on giving. A superb story, brilliantly worked personalities and enough twists and turns to keep you reading and refusing to set it down.
Derek, I take my hat off to you. Brilliant