on 24 July 2017
Crossword aid complete
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 November 2012
This is about the 4th or 5th version of this book have I bought. It is great for anyone who does crosswords as it gives alternative names, or obscure words for those that might come up in even the hardest crossword.
Every new edition comes up with even more words - many of which cannot be found in an ordinary dictionary.
A great Christmas present!
on 3 February 2013
Purchased this for Mum who is totally addicted to crosswords.
She's absolutely delighted with it and says it's far better than an ordinary dictionary
on 24 December 2012
A wonderful book for any crossword addict. This is my third one as I regularly wear them out with constant use. Very easy to use.
on 20 December 2012
It meets my requirements and I have already found it very useful to me when attempting difficult crosswords or acrostic puzzles.
on 7 January 2013
Bought for an experienced crossword addict as a replacement for her old dictionary which was out-of-date and falling apart. She is delighted with this new dictionary and has immediately started to use it. She is very pleased with the range and depth of words included.
on 20 February 2013
I am a cryptic crossword fanatic As such, I use a dictionary and a thesaurus to aid in the solving process. This book is by far the best reference book I have ever come across. If you like crosswords - BUY IT !
on 22 February 2013
I was asked to get this book on behalf of my mother-in-law as a present for my father-in-law! I have asked him if he likes it and finds it useful and he says that it's great.
on 3 April 2013
Anyone interested in crosswords, especially cryptic crosswords, will find Barbara Bradford's book absolutely essential. I've also got the Kindle version as a companion when I'm out and about. Both are organised in a very logical way making them quick and easy to access. If you love cryptic crosswords then this publication is absolutely essential to help dig out those truly obscure associations. This beautiful hardback version is money well spent.
on 19 February 2013
Not sure if the hardback will stand up to the constant usage too well, but Bradford's just keeps getting better.