Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 October 2016
This was the first series of books that I ever read and I must say I think that it should have been made into film by now. What an absolute masterclass in fantasy writing. Mr Feist stands tall with the greatest writers of all time. These books are amaing and everyone should read them at least once. Become part of Midekemia.
on 26 July 2013
I have owned five copies of Magician now. I have worn out several copies, lent out others and now I have the Kindle version! The first time I read this book was 24 years ago. I pretty much reread it at least once per year ever since.

The story is focused around Pug, Tomas and Prince Arutha as they take part in a world-spanning conflict. The detail is compelling and yet not overwhelming. The characters are heroic and flawed, but admirable. The events of the "real" world of Midkemia run in conjunction with the mystique of the events of the formation of the universe, the gods and the powerful. it's almost Shakepearean in the composition of the story.

I rate this book more highly than Lord of The Rings. Every fantasy fan should have read this book (and the two immediate sequels) as it represents the very finest in fantasy literature.
on 5 July 2017
Pretty good I'm new to fantasy so can't compare to others but it was interesting and complex. I read the series, I've not ventured to the next series yet but may do at some point. Fantasy seems to be an acquired taste.
on 19 May 2017
Once I was in this world , I never wanted to leave it - I was utterly spellbound . Pacy and imaginative , a perfect book to lose yourself inside .
on 18 July 2017
In my view this is the best book I've ever read. It's imaginative and well written. You feel what the characters feel and care what happens. I found it almost impossible to put down but thankfully it it the start of of an amazing series of books that will keep you engrossed for weeks.
on 28 April 2017
About the 5th time I have purchased this in the last 15 years. A great book!!!
on 23 August 2016
I thought the characters throughout were brilliant and vivid. I only read the revised (longer) version and didn't find it long so I would recommend this version.

The story spans 9 years without seeming like it misses great chunks or trundles along without any plot. Expertly written and cannot wait to read the next one in the series!
on 21 June 2017
One of my all time favourites, I've loved this series for years and reccomend them. 1-3 a great trilogy.
on 27 March 2017
fine
on 24 December 2012
i have known and loved this book for many years. it has depth and feeling, is well written and has all the best fantasy elements.

being the kindle edition there are some typos as always, but none that distract from the flow of the story.