Format: Hardcover|Change

on 14 July 2013
Jonathan Agnew has chosen a selection of writings on cricket, old and new, that all watchers and students of cricket will appreciate - a wonderful compendium compiled with great care, and obvious affection, by one of the current day's most authoritative commentators.

A book to be savoured, and kept after reading, to be dipped into time and time again.
on 25 October 2013
Aggers has worked hard to trawl for an unusual but well researched look at some of the most controversial and popular cricket flare ups. Well worth keeping on the coffee table.
on 18 May 2014
Well researched, well written,a wealth of interesting information for the cricket-mad follower and the browser alike. A pick-up put-down pick-up book.
on 21 August 2013
Terrific source of cricket tidbits and quaint facts. My only complaint/regret is that the 'dust jacket' arrived ripped at the top, diminishing the aesthetics of the book itself. I previously reported this disappointment on my part, when asked by Amazon UK to provide 'feedback' on the packaging, but I am yet to receive some acknowledgent of my complaint let alone any effort on your part to provide some measure of redress. Will this submission give rise to some level of respons to me, condidering how patient and loyal I've remained to your business organization?
on 30 December 2014
My review is of the "Audible" download. It is a well-selected anthology. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. My only complaint is directed at the narrator. He clearly has little or no knowledge of cricket. This is clearly evidenced by some appalling errors in pronunciation of the names of extremely well-known cricketers.
on 25 March 2015
An eclectic mix of cricket writing, covering all aspects of the game. The authors introduces each article to set the scene, so even if you have read some of the passages in previous books there is enough fresh material to keep you interested. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole book.
on 4 February 2014
Bought for my father who is a big cricket fan. I am sure he will enjoy reading it through the next few months before the start of the new season
on 13 October 2013
Very informative and well written. A bit hard going at times. A good read nonethless. A 'bedtime' book I think.
on 2 October 2014
Loved by the friend I bought it for
on 26 April 2016
Having already read several chapters of this book, lent to me by a friend, I wanted to have it in my collection of cricket books. A must read for any follower of this great game.