on 16 April 2016
I feel a bit of a fraud reviewing one of the greatest writers of the last century. This is CS Lewis on his usual stellar form, with a fascinating and affecting insight into this debated topic. A short, quick read, but not a light one.
on 24 February 2018
A road trip from the outskirts of Hell to the outskirts of Heaven. An amazing and challenging consideration of the next life.
on 13 March 2018
a classic
on 8 April 2017
Wonderful book, about Heaven and Hell not marriage, and wonderful delivery service.
on 29 January 2018
Absolutely transformed my way of thinking! I think daily about the topics they spoke about in the book in my own context & heart. It's crazy how Lewis could write fiction describing our reality so well. A must read for anyone really...
on 10 December 2014
A day trip from hell to heaven, indicating the sobering truth of the incompatibility of their respective inhabitants. 'L'enfer, c'est les autres', as the former would say. The book may be dated, but what it says remains. Unfortunately.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 January 2013
I enjoyed this book and its allegorical tale of heaven and hell. It shows us what we might believe and hold onto as dear in our lives we will not need if we pass over to heaven. It also shows the difference between heaven and hell and that it will depend on the choices that we make
on 7 May 2016
Classic C.S. Lewis using his great imagination and intellect and wonderful faith to come at theology from a completely different direction to make you think. I am in fact just reading it again for a second time and getting more out of the repeat.
on 12 January 2018
Excellent read
on 19 April 2016
Bought this on a whim and greatly impressed. He was wise beyond his time and this could be written for our times now. Hooked right away.