on 27 December 2014
A stunning piece of writing. However, I will qualify that statement by pointing out that I gave this book five stars because it is a veritable treasure trove which contains many excellent examples of the use of logical fallacies and other manipulative techniques. Bald assertions? Check. False dilemmas? Check. In group, out group? Check. And many more besides.

C. S. Lewis was undoubtedly a skilled communicator, but the contents of Mere Christianity cast doubt on his integrity.
on 5 August 2016
Excellent book. I tried to read it many years ago as a young Christian and found it too deep and hard to understand. Now as I am mature it seems to be easy to understand.
on 13 June 2017
An excellent, well balanced and carefully thought out introduction to Christianity based originally on radio broadcasts made by Lewis during the war. As a result complex arguments were made clear for the ordinary listener and, although in places the language is now dated, the points he makes are as relevant today as they have ever been.
on 8 February 2017
I first read this book over 40 years ago. It still is a clear engaging read for anyone who is curious about the Christian faith.
on 26 November 2017
I love the works of CS Lewis. This book is filled with wisdom and insights. I cannot recommend it more highly.
on 16 November 2016
A very interesting book, which has helped me understand Christianity, Faith and Works, and the individual's place in the gospel and in religion.
on 7 August 2017
A real classic with a message that's relevant today, a book that can be read again and again.
on 1 May 2017
Am still reading this but have found it riveting! Well worth the cost.
on 21 April 2016
One of the timeless, all time great, modern classics for thinking Christians that can read & re-read over the years.
Each time I read it I learn as much, or more, from it than when I first read it as a new believer.
on 30 August 2013
I had forgotten abut this important book until recently, and having bought a copy from you, found it provided all that I needed about basic Christian faith and am recommending it to members of my congregation.
Impressed with the ability of Amazon to track down and supply "forgotten" books!