on 1 April 2017
I saw Jo on Vintage TV with an hour of her favourite songs and snippets of her life and interested me enough to get her book....

It proved to be so well mostly anyway Jo writes in a very homely warm style which doesn't exactly suit the material she was writing about

Her "total " love for Ronnie is endearing on one hand on the other blind to his narsistic life on the other hand....Jo talks a lot of her love for her children but leads this wanton rock style life...

Constantly going from one drug orgy to another becomes very boring after awhile....Even when Jo and Ronnie took the children on holiday and said no drugs....a few days in and a trip to a Casino sets them on another binge and were still on it when children got up the next morning very sad indeed...

But she seemed to have a mercurial way of surviving those wanton years...Not everyone caught up in the circus of the rock world did so...
on 7 June 2014
If you have ever wanted to know what its like to be married to a Rock Star, this is the book for you.

I really enjoyed this book in ways that surprised me. It was funny, very descriptive and gave me a real insight into life in those days.

Gosh what a lot of crazy fun she (and the Stones) had, but wow lots of awful downsides too. Its amazing what the human body can go through drink and drugs wise too! I thought I used to party hard!

After I put the book down, (I read the whole thing in a few days staying up late!) I felt like I really knew Jo and can sense what she is like. The book is very well written, in an honest and friendly way. I know sometimes celebs get ghost writers to write their books but I would be surprised if she did get much help with it.

I actually want to get my mum a copy of this because she loved the stones, and probably envied Jo and all the other rock wives throughout the years.

This book really made me aware of what we all know to be true but sometimes forget: that money can't buy a perfect life and guarantee lasting relationships and happiness. Stars and wealthy people still have times where things are just so hard and awful. They all are just like us really but get to travel in nicer cars and planes, live in bigger houses and have better clothes. But they still go through big ups and downs.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was so insightful, raw, honest and inspiring. Jo hasn't had life so easy all the time. I Love how she is so into organics and sustainable living and she's doing a lot of good in the world now with her platform. I think if anyone is going through a rough patch out there, perhaps you have broken up with your husband then you might find solace in this book to help you find inspiration to really get to know yourself and to realise its not the end, it's the beginning! You can change the future in this instant!

I know if I ever saw Jo in the street, I could go up and say hi. She just seems like that kind of person.
on 11 September 2017
I am quite a conservative person, but I warmed to the lovely, ditzy, rock chic that Jo is. Although she states that she loved life 'on the road' with The Stones, and how she tried so hard to keep Ronnie healthy and off the booze, she was rewarded with a slap in the face. Ronnie came across as a nasty unrewarding person. It was clear that as the years went on Jo tried several times to 'grow up' as a person and show her intelligence, but Ronnie remained a churlish, adulterous drunk. You're well rid of him Jo. Enjoy your life.
on 13 January 2016
Seems to be an honest account as many of us would not want to admit to most of what Jo has done! The inside story of someone with almost no morals who sleeps around for fun, steals someone's husband, takes drugs and booze to excess on a daily basis and has no compunction about leaving her Son with her parents to follow her own debauched interests. Nice lady!!!
on 3 September 2013
A no-holes barred look into one the members of "the world greatest rock 'n' roll band". Ronnie's ex Jo Wood takes you a journey of the sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll that filled her life for a long time/ From her point of view although she loved Ronnie dearly and stood by his many escapades mostly drugs and drinking, he never wanted the partying to stop-on stage or off. True she made her mistakes and was willing to admit to them, even making corrections and amends to those errors, Ronnie didn't or doesn't want to.
My suggestion is to read his auto-biography and then one can compare the two books and decide for oneself which side of the story has been filled in or are there too many holes in either one/ This book was enjoyable to read and a bit of an eye-opener, but what has been depicted in this story ought not to come to a shock to those who read it. I do give Jo credit for trying to and at times turn her life around to be a better person to those who matter to her-namely her family and those she considers close and dear friends.
Having written this book she has allowed herself to let go of the demons which plagued her and move on with her life. Thumbs up on that choice. Perhaps there is a lesson for all to learn.
on 22 April 2013
A nice read, well constructed and if you are interested in the "back stage" lifestyle of a Rolling Stone and his ex missus this is the book for you! I enjoyed it myself and Jo comes across as a nice person. She tells the tale of their breakup with no self pity or whinging. To be honest, and I'm a fan of Ronnie, she is probably better of without him, even if only half the stuff he did is true!
on 22 May 2017
Jo Wood narrates the tale of her reign as rock chick supreme in the Rolling Stones camp, marriage to a hell raiser and all the wild times that involved. After the failure of her marriage to Ronnie Wood, she builds her life and gives herself a well-deserved pat on the back for re-building her life and for the independent woman she has become.
on 6 July 2015
Jo sounds a bit like Pattie Boyd, basically a nice person, but in Jo's case, a lot more selfish and self-centered of course. Still, she tells an interesting story, if yet again proving that these so-called idols are merely spoiled brats with not much to say for themselves beyond their music (which, while containing talent and fame, isn't anywhere near as wonderful as she or any of them think.
on 16 June 2013
If you ever wondered why Jo put up with Ronnie for so long - well, you might find the answer in this book. Sadly I didn't. Although she freely admits to joining in with much of his excessive drinking and drug-taking for a few years, I can't imagine why she stayed with him, and put up with his drinking and affairs for so long. I hope that any money she has made from this book has enabled her to enjoy her life again, and be herself.
on 12 April 2016
What a life the Woods had back in the day. Drink, drugs and rock n roll. I enjoyed the book although I did find some of the drug taking sections a bit hard to stomach. It must have been difficult at times bringing up a family while all that was going on but her kids seem to have coped well. Ronnie seems very selfish and treated his wife badly at times. If you are interested in a true rock n roll story then read this book.