Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 September 2015
The exercises in this course book are a useful resource for many students but unfortunately the audio CD which accompanies the book has to be the worst example of spoken English I have ever encountered and is made even worse by the inferior field recordings. If you are are looking for good samples of spoken English I would always recommend hearing it before buying.
on 16 July 2017
This book is perfect for a tutor to use with a student or for a English learner class. My only reservation is the use of English speakers mimicking a foreign accent which is not always maintained throughout the conversations recorded. However, it could be constructive in certain circumstances to accustom students learning a second language to hearing a 'foreign' accent, but as this is a course for Speaking, maybe it would be better to use standard English. It is a discussion point with students during the lesson.
on 15 April 2013
Content of book is explained so nicely and don't need to put extra effort to understand content. Audio content is also very helpful.

Thanks to collins for such a nice book.
on 1 June 2013
A useful book for English learner, especially for those who come to England for their first time. Also have good structure.
on 14 January 2017
I expected to improve my speaking and listening skills, but in my opinion, it's not possible with this book. Conversations on the CD is going with such fast tempo that not possible nor understand neither repeat dialogues! It's absolutely awful! I understand that it's maybe real native speaker's tempo, but I am learning yet and can't catch these sentences' sense at all. As a result, the training is wasted!
on 1 June 2012
I found this book, friendly. First of all, it has written and published clearly. It isn't boring. To tell truth I liked it. I think it will be useful for developing speaking and listening skills.
on 30 November 2014
Good for English proficiency tests, good condition, sent in hard card box to preserve the cover.
on 10 July 2015
Spot on, brilliant. Tells you exactly how British people speak!
on 20 January 2015
I received my item. It was ok!!