on 6 September 2014
Excellently produced, with many pages relating to social, economic and political topics appearing in the first section. In fact this 'preface' is replete with further information of a topographical and geographical nature and provides a welcome introduction to what is a first-rate atlas.

Of course, the meat of this book is represented by its copious maps of all regions of the world and there is not a lot to say other than it is well designed and despite the myriad of detail, easy on the eye. It is possible to spend over thirty minutes looking at one page due to the breadth of detail within.

The quality of the print and paper make the experience of browsing an atlas even more compelling and, whilst it is possible to glean such information on-line quite easily, there is something more enlightening by being able to see this information in paper format. I highly recommend this atlas to those of us who are fascinated by maps and by the world around us.
on 8 January 2013
I purchased this particular copy as it included pages of world country flags, the atlas was a gift for my dad who is an avid cross worder, and also has travelled to many places around the world, this reference book gives him up-to-date names of countries and their flags and many other interesting reference points.
on 8 July 2014
Clear maps. Good index. Well laid out (and how nice that America is not the "important country at the front"). Ideal to check up where a place is - and includes all countries, even South Sudan.
Outstanding value for money.
on 5 February 2013
Bought this for my husband's birthday, and to replace our 1981 atlas, as I reckoned there might have been a few changes since then! This is a lovely atlas, with great maps, satellite imagery, more facts and statistics than I personally would ever want bu t my husband is into that sort of thing! Really good value.
on 9 August 2017
Great item, able to look at individual countries and see the smaller place names which is what i wanted. Good value for money and good quality. A nice book. Arrived quickly too. Easy to read and has extra info inside like largest lakes etc which is nice and interesting.
on 2 October 2015
I was quite disappointed by this product. The maps aren't quite big enough and the font is too small to read town names, etc. I had to buy another editions in a shop to actually see better what the content was like as this one just doesn't work for me -- too cramped = too difficult to read (even though I have 20/20 vision!).
on 15 February 2016
It's probably fine, but I find it a little difficult to read the town and city names.
on 11 February 2014
I wanted to update my ageing atlas. I choose the Collins Reference Atlas because it looked to offer everything that I wanted, Clear mapping together with a lot of information.
I could not have been more pleased with this purchase, it gave me everything I wanted and more. The maps were of superb quality and the reference section gave a great deal of information that allows a map fan (such as myself) plenty to keep one occupied and interested for may hours.
If like me you want a good atlas packed with useful information then this is the atlas for you.
on 27 December 2016
The print in the index is much too small to be able to read easily and the binding is too close to the edge of the page so the beginnings of place names are not legible. If I have not already given it away I will donate it to a charity shop or a younger person.
on 18 December 2014
It is very good giving lots of helpful statistics and other interesting information.An attractive and useful world Atlas.
Now I need an Atlas of specific countries. Particularly of North America and Canada. and Australia for starters.
It arrived so quickly. Thank you again Amazon.