on 8 July 2015
Managed to pick this treasure up for just £5 in an Amazon deal. It has been well thumbed and is absolutely adored by it's owner. There are plenty of descriptions, maps, little snippets of information and a really decent size, good coffee table book and presented in a folder for that added something special when giving as a gift. Beautiful book and presentation. Would have happily paid RRP for this, the fact that it was an incredible Amazon deal just makes it one of the best purchases from Amazon ever.
on 14 July 2013
The atlas is nicely presented with many photographs from space, but I wish the maps were larger. I like the descriptions of the countries made on the left hand side of the page, with some very interesting facts. Larger maps and I would have been delighted.
on 30 November 2012
Fantastic book, superb quality, very happy with it !!
Information inside is plentiful and has everything you would want from a modern atlas. Overall excellent quality.
Definitely recommend this edition.
A nicely presented atlas. Comes with a hard cardboard box cover that keeps the book safe. The printing, drawing and photographs are of high quality, and so is the feel of the paper. Very pleased I got this book. Even more pleased that I got it for £5 as a low price from Amazon.
on 28 September 2014
A present for my wife who has been saying for years that we didn't have a decent atlas in the house. It's up-to-date, very detailed and full of fascinating information but perhaps a bit too comprehensive for use as an everyday house atlas.
on 6 December 2012
Purchased in the Black Friday deals..What a bargain. Beautifully boxed and the detail in the book is stunning..Worth every penny..
on 31 January 2015
This is an excellent Atlas. I bought it to replace our ageing Readers Digest (!!) Atlas of 1989. This Times version has great maps and loads of interesting information. It comes in a heavy board presentation sleeve.
I've already sat and poured through it and there's lots more still to read.
Excellent!
on 26 December 2012
Fantastic book for the price paid. Has everything needed to learn about the world we live in. Daughter loves it even though she has e-reader. :D
on 9 January 2015
Quality item here. I bought this so that I can look intellectual and well travelled. I didn't expect the workout from the weight of the thing. Contains up to date maps as well as changes in border changes in recent history. Since buying this I have noticed that women look at me in a different way, and there are definitely less restraining orders turning up on my doorstep since I got my hands around this beast of knowledge.
on 25 December 2014
Every home should have one, so much I didn't know about the world very good reading for all ages me a pensioner, my daughter and husband also my 3 grandchildren that's why I bought them a copy as well as one for me.