on 7 March 2017
Pros:
A superior design to the large print esv thin line bible I bought from Crossway, type size is far smaller but somehow more legible.
Cover material and design is beautiful, it's harder than the Crossway version and looks more durable.
It arrived quickly.

Cons:
Paper is that rubbish thin indian paper but somehow there's less ghosting (more than likely because the type is smaller and thinner).
I know it's a neat and handy size for carrying around but I think you could have sacrificed a little tiny ergonomic comfort for a slightly wider and longer Bible, maybe by just an inch and a half each way, to allow for a larger gutter and larger borders. White space is not wasted space, it really helps with reading, especially for those of us who are dyslexic and find it easy to blur the lines when reading long passages of text.
Some of the pages stuck together, possibly due to the gilt edges.

Overall I am happy enough to give a four star rating, had some aspects better than my Crossway version and some aspects worse or on par. It's a good translation, only bettered by the MEV. The MEV large print is my favourite thus far, though, again, that indian paper...urrgh!

Anyway, peace, grace and mercy, don't let my review shroud the more important value of the Word of God, and how the life breathing words and their necessity in our lives as believers, far outweighs the frivolous design preferences we may have. I thank God He has faithfully preserved His Word in order for us, who are vessels of His divine, foreordained will, to receive our daily bread from the living, enduring Word who became flesh and is one day returning for us!
on 2 July 2017
Good quality product. This translation is a little wooden at times but that is true of most word for word translation. I prefer the NRSV but this comes a close second.
on 26 April 2017
Nice slimline bible
on 2 May 2017
Lovely
on 17 March 2017
Beautiful bible, very clear and easy to read.
on 21 July 2017
Amazing, just what I wanted! It's like a normal Bible on the inside, and has the design you can see on the product picture on the outside.
on 13 November 2013
This is the second one I have bought this time for my son in law. I would buy again both for myself and as a gift.
on 2 April 2017
very sturdy/long lasting, not too big or too small. the cover is really nice
on 10 May 2014
I was very impressed with the purchase of this ESV bible. Very clearly written, good quality paper and easy to handle. The price was very good too!
on 18 April 2017
Good. Only downside is gold leaf trim rubs off quickly.