on 31 December 2014
useful and informative
on 26 April 2017
Great item. Very pleased.
on 24 May 2015
Excellant 😊
on 4 May 2012
My Mom and Dad have gone and sold the family home for a 58 foot narrow boat. This was a great present for my Dad on his birthday. It has all of the canals in Great Britain and he was delighted with it; can imagine it will be very useful for their adventure.
on 11 May 2014
I bought this to go with "The Canals of Britain" by Stuart Fisher. And it goes very well with it. A clear and easy to read map of our canal system. And it includes a really useful diagram of the dreaded Birmingham area canal system, a sort of wet cobweb. Very informative, and vitally necessary aid to your journeys around the canal systems. Buy. Use. Enjoy.
on 18 July 2016
As far as I'm aware, this is the only full-size fold-out map of the Great Britain's entire canal map network currently in print. Luckily, it's clear and nicely presented and full of accurate detail. All navigable inland waterways are covered, plus many unnavigable ones that are currently being (slowly) restored.
This is a new edition for 2016, but it follows the exact same style as previous editions, and as far as I can see contains only one real new addition: thanks to a spot of good luck with willing landowners, the 10 mile long Somerset Coal Canal is now marked as being in restoration.
The map is great for giving an overview of the entire system, and long distance route planning. You'd struggle to use it as a detailed navigation guide for cruising individual waterways - for that, you could do worse that refer to the set of detailed spiral-bound Waterways Guides that Nicholson also publish.
on 4 July 2013
This map gives a huge amount of information about the waterways of UK. I did not realise there were so many. I am looking forward to holidays on the canals and river systems sometime soon.
on 19 April 2013
I have two of these great maps, keeping one on my narrowboat and one at home. They are clear and up to date and allow my wife to know where we are going or where we have been!
on 4 May 2012
Really pleased with this product and the excellent service. If you need a map of the inland waterways of the UK then this is for you!
on 22 March 2013
This is a very good map of the uk canals. I wanted one that showed all the waterways clearly and this does the job.