Format: Flexibound|Change

on 8 April 2014
I have not had a new Bible since I was a youngster many years ago, and I found that one difficult to understand, so hardly read it. I decided to treat myself this Easter to a bible I could read easily, so chose this one after reading reviews about the Good News Bible. I understand this is the most recent publication. I am thrilled with it and sorry I waited so long to buy a modern Bible. I would highly recommend this to all, from teenagers upwards. It has lovely simple sketches throughout, passages recommended for you to read when you need help, it is very easy to follow and just a nice size to handle as I didn't want a pocket sized one. Thank you for the speedy delivery too.
on 13 November 2012
I bough this for my daughter's RE class but now that she has been given one by the school, I have inherited it. It looks really nice and compact, and the case keeps it from being damadged ehn not used, as the pages are ever so thin. Great purchase.
on 31 May 2012
As a gift edition, the Bible came in a cardboard sleeve. The price was printed on the back of the sleeve and, therefore, could not be peeled off. This meant 'snowpaking' over the price or leaving it on. For a specific gift edition, this seems rather thoughtless of the publisher. This version has no illustrations as in many versions of the GNB. In other respects the volume is fine.
on 30 September 2014
Pretty little bible though quite expensive. Comes in a hard cardboard cover and has a facing page to write a message to the recipient, gold edged pages and a ribbon bookmark. The pages are thin and the writing small but I expected that as its unavoidable in a compact bible.

However, the white cover of the box and the cover of the bible themselves were filthy and the box was dented. Frankly it looked as if it had been kicked around the warehouse floor before being despatched. I would have returned it but my daughter needed it for school so there was insufficient time. I managed to clean most of the dirty marks off it with a wet wipe but it ended up being an off grey rather than a pristine white.
on 14 June 2013
A bible in a slip case small enough to fit in a pocket - exactly what I ordered but the print size would be difficult for anyone with less than 20/20 vision.
on 19 June 2013
beautiful feel to the cover that holds a small print bible which was ideal for me as i was replacing an old fashioned version. It is fantastic and i would highly recommend although be careful if you don't like -phone book small print. Great service and delivery
on 10 August 2015
I've always liked the Good News Bible. I tend to use the NIV mostly and have others but have always had a soft spot for this first version I ever had of my own. It really is handy to have it in this Kindle edition to carry with you too. I recommend it highly.
on 3 January 2015
I had a NT version of this Bible before , obviously an old version , i found it to be the best Bible translation out there. I bought this Bible for £2.48 on the Kindle so that's a bargain ! This is the only Bible i actually stick to reading too so if you struggling to read whatever version you may have i seriously recommend this version.
on 16 November 2012
Beautiful bible,just the right size to carry around and soft cover so easyier to hold.its lovely.good if ur looking for quite small bible.
on 19 January 2013
I ordered this as a gift & it arrived promptly. However on negative side there was a small mark on the spine & also the slipcase which although small means I cannot give this as a gift. May I suggest that items are checked for such marks before dispatch?