Customer reviews

5,094
The Hobbit (pocket version)
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 15 February 2013
For the first half of this book I was really wondering what all the fuss was about. Once the tale hits the legendary Mirkwood and beyond though it grows and evolves into a beautiful and timeless tale.
on 14 February 2013
This was the best copy I've ever seen of The Hobbit. Drawings, coloured illustrations, and the first chapter of the Fellowship of the Ring haha :) Highly recommended it. Bargain price for a hardcover.
on 18 October 2011
I read these books as an adult many years ago. My 10 year old son is now reading the first book in the cycle and can't put it down! I intend to read it again - if I get the chance!
Need I say more?
on 27 June 2006
The Lord of the Rings is the best of the best fantasy book ever written. It certainly is a masterpiece and JRR Tolkien opened a whole new era through his trilogy. No fantasy reader could want anything more. I've aleady read it three times during the last ten years, and everytime I read it, I like it more and more, while at the same time I keep discovering new things from it. If there could be a description appropriate for Proffesor Tolkien and The Lord of the Rings, it would be none other than: "The Ultimate Novel of all times, from the Ultimate author of all times!"
on 4 July 2014
Great book to read, classic with great capturing story. I got it for my daughter for Christmas and she was absolutely delighted. It is light, prints not too small. The photos on the front were great.
on 21 March 2013
When you consider that the illustrated, hardback, 3-vol set costs over 60 quid, this is good value. It's a struggle to get through academic Tolkien's massive prose, but it helps back up the 3 movies.
on 1 January 2013
A thrilling tale by Tolkien. I found myself gripped by the story as I had many years ago when I first read it. If you enjoy fantasy novels then you can't go wrong with the classic that is The Hobbit.
on 28 December 2012
We brought these books as a Christmas present and think it was a really good buy to get the series for that price. However, we can only comment on the purchase, not the actual item as it was a gift.
on 8 December 2012
What can I say, it's The Hobbit, a classic. Somehow I'd been living under a rock, and although I'd read The Lord of the Rings trilogy, I had read this. Good price, very speedy delivery, good quality.
on 16 January 2010
I enjoyed the telling of the tale. Rob Inglis is generally a good narrator, although his renditions of the Dwarven/Elven songs were a little tuneless, and his intonation occasionally lacked emotion.