Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 August 2016
This book is brilliant.I have made quite a few of them and they all turned out fab. The coffee and walnut with extra coffee in is scrummy,the moist orange and almond cake is fab and the traditional cherry and almond is also moist,I put some chopped walnuts in for extra flavour the next I made it.All my friends and family love them as well but they are not coeliac like me.
on 30 July 2017
Great book but finding it very hard to get ingredients especially for the dairy free side so am having to make Gluten and Wheat but not dairy free at present. Some of the adapted recipes produce baked goods that are to die for.
Only one recipe so far has had dubious results all the rest have been great
on 30 June 2017
Does the job
on 16 September 2017
Been looking for this book for years, so pleased I now have it forever on my kindle, can't wait to try some of the recipes.
on 3 August 2017
Good selection of recipes.
on 6 June 2017
Fantastic book
on 13 March 2013
very good and wide variety and sellection of cakes, can't wait to start baking .would recomend to any one.easy to follow recipes.
on 3 October 2011
I fear for my waistline but am so very pleased with this book. It is full of fantastic recipes for those who love their cake but have allergies and intolerances which relegate them to eating inferior strange tasting alternatives or to attempting to adapt regular recipes with rather mixed results. My 14 year old daughter and I have just spent a happy day making the Mega Chocolate Muffins and the Chocolate Fudge Cake for my son's birthday. A quick call to Cake Angels when I couldn't source the powdered soya milk necessary to make the fudge ganoche and it was with me the next day. Everything else could be found at the supermarket. The recipes are clearly laid out and really easy to follow. Everything worked as it should and the tips were very helpful - knowing that the cake would crack and sink a little averted a potential panic from my daughter. The end results were spectacular (not an adjective normally attached to my baking) and tasted incredibly rich and delicious. Julia has achieved the seemingly impossible, amazing taste and texture without the wheat and dairy. Can't wait to try some of the other recipes - Parkin, Gingerbread and Black Forest Brownies have caught my eye but with a newly mixed container of non-dairy condensed milk sitting in my fridge it will probably be a close call between Millionaires Shortbread and Flapjack. Since it is more than a decade since I have eaten caramel, I'm guessing the Millionaires Shortbread will win the day.....Thank you Julia!
VINE VOICEon 14 November 2011
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This recipe book contains recipes for cakes, traybakes and cupcakes & muffins that are all gluten-free and dairy-free. If you only need to cut out either gluten or dairy, you can easily adapt the recipes to exclude only what you can't eat. You need a few specialist ingredients, but if you are already living with a dietary requirement then you probably already have the right things - eg xanthan gum for gluten-free. I already bake quite a lot of gluten-free cakes - and I have found these recipes to be excellent. They don't just taste ok - they are delicious! And they really look professional. So far I have made the gluten-free versions of the apple & blueberry cake, the 'blondies' (a bit like brownies!) and chocolate and almond sponge - which I iced using the chocolate frosting recipe and it was fabulous! All the family and friends - coeliac and non-coeliac - have enjoyed these cakes. And everyone has been impressed - my chocolate cake actually looked like the one on the cover of the book (although it's a different recipe)! And one little thing - I appreciate the way the book lies flat when you open it. Yes, we love this book.
on 15 September 2011
How refreshing to find a cook book for people with intolerances that doesn't make us feel 'different'. Julia Thomas is obviously passionate about what she does, the recipes are easy to follow, use ingredients that are very easy to source, and above all taste delicious and totally normal!! I was beginning to get fed up with strange books containing strange recipes with ingredients that seemingly were impossible to find, more disappointingly the cakes were heavy and tasteless. Cake Angels is a brand that will run and run, the book is beautifully presented, easy to follow and would stand shoulder to shoulder with Mary Berry anyday.We have all tucked in to the chocolate and banana cake, chocolate brownies and victoria sponge, all delicious and my non intolerant friends really cannot taste the difference.
Well done Julia on a brilliant book that will get used and used in our house!!
11 Comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse