on 2 March 2014
Nothing wrong with the dictionary but I found the writing but I found the writing too small and the colour blue would be better if it was red, it would stand out better
on 22 February 2010
I picked this up to keep in my pocket during a recent trip to Austria. My 'O'-level german being very rusty after all these years it came in very handy to help my vocab. I was surprised that it lacked a number of words I tried to find, but on the whole it served me well, showing noun genders, irregular verb tenses and some useful common phrases. Fits nicely in a pocket, too. The menu reader in the middle was very limited, but some of the other phrases came in useful. And it was a bargain for the price I paid (with free shipping).
on 10 October 2012
I've been living in Germany for 2 months, having had no prior experience of the language. I find this little dictionary extremely useful as it has 98% of the words in it that I look up. It's very handy and easy to use. Some of the words have little phrases next to them which are very useful. As I read on a review before I bought this book, there is sadly no pronunciation guide next to the words, but for me this hasn't been too much of an issue. There's also an excellent phrase finder section in the middle of the dictionary- especially useful for visitors to Germany. This section provides key phrases on topics including 'getting around', 'accommodation', 'shopping', 'leisure', restaurant', 'telephone', 'health' and more! For the price and the size it's definitely worth getting- an excellent, easy to use and useful dictionary!
on 24 October 2010
i get it for half price and it is a MUST have item in german language study
on 15 January 2014
Got this for my daughter for her GCSE coursework. She says its very useful, easy to carry about in her bag with a good sized print. Ordering process simple and was delivered on time.
on 1 March 2016
I confess, I made the mistake of buying this dictionary without realising it was tiny! I wasn't looking for a 'travel sized' book but one that I could reference at home when studying German. The dictionary I was looking for wasn't available so I bought this one as a second option. And I really wish I hadn't bothered buying it. There have been quite a few words I have looked for in German that weren't listed - I am only studying at Level 1 German. Also, lots of dictionaries include a number of additional grammar bits like regular and irregular verbs, but this book has none of this and I find myself consistently frustrated when I use it. So I have given it to my local charity shop, since its of limited use to me but may help someone else.
on 24 February 2015
good value, just the job for school,, pocket size so don't take up loads of room in the school bag. clearly set out pages and font. Its pages are small but it is thick so includes all you need to know for gcse German.
on 3 January 2012
Bought for 13 year old daughter who has just started learning german. Small enough to fit in school bag, but contains enough info to be helpful with homework. Good basic dictionary, recommend for KS3 (age 11-16).
on 23 July 2013
Comfortable size and good German dictionary for travel and general everyday learning. Compatible with my equally tiny Collins Gem German Verb Tables as I like to learn both the grammar of a language as well as expanding my vocabulary.

For those who are shocked that each word is not also phoneticised, please understand that you read what you see in German.

Nice English to German section and vice versa with some very helpful phrases that are categorised into various scenarios you might find yourself in!
on 25 June 2014
I am finding this dictionary very useful in preparation for my backpacking tour around Europe. It is definitely pocket sized and has lots of modern words. It often uses the words in a phrase which is helpful too.