on 27 August 2012
This dictionary is a must for anyone learning a foreign language. I have a French one and now that I am learning Italian I have bought this Italian one. It's format is very clear. As well as a comprehensive dictionary, (and words are put into context - a phrase or a sentence - so helpful!) the 'middle bit' contains a wealth of useful information - useful words and phrases; how to write a letter or an email; how to answer the telephone; days of the week, months, numbers, colours etc; as well as a verb table. It is not a 'pocket dictionary, and it won't go in your handbag but have it on your desk for reference and for homework!
7 people found this helpful
on 4 January 2014
I would recommend these Easy Learning books to anyone. In my opinion the colour coding used in the dictionary make it very easy to go straight to the words you want. It is more that a dictionary because the middle section gives a run-down on basic conversation that is useful for immediate use e.g. on holidays; email; texting; telephone; dates; festivals; map of Italy etc. There is also a section on verb tables and tense. As a beginner, I find the lay-out very clear and easy to understand and at the front of the dictionary there are a few pages on how to pronounce vowels and find the words you want and more. Even the outside cover is pleasant to hold and I enjoy using it.
on 7 March 2013
This is a well prepared, substantial, book. It is not just a dictionary, but contains a separate section with samples of fully declined common verbs as well as a simplified section containing the less common verbs. There is also a small but useful section on the usage of Italian in different circumstances (travel, buying etc.).
One person found this helpful
on 6 June 2012
Excellent book - perfect for getting round in Italy, translating vocab, looking up verb tables - so you can actually say something! Middle section "Italian in Action" really useful vocab and phrases for lots of everyday situations - emails, directions, time etc. Great list of verbs and both irregular and regular examples are conjugated. Good size, will fit in a backpack easily. GOOD VALUE.Collins Easy Learning - Collins Easy Learning Italian Dictionary (Collins Easy Learning Dictionaries)
5 people found this helpful
on 4 August 2015
This dictionary has been a marvelous help in my, somewhat slow and laborious, attempt to learn Italian. I've found it very easy to read and use. Initially, the company had inadvertently sent the Collins Italian Grammer book (which is excellent) rather than dictionary. When I phoned to let them know, they apologised, despatched the dictionary and said the the Grammer book was mine to do with as I wish. Excellent customer service.
on 23 October 2012
This dictionary is extremely useful in that it not only gives you a word but gives several examples of how it is used in context. Although there is a short pronunciation guide at the beginning the phonetic pronunciation with stresses would be extra helpful.Having said that I use the dictionary all the time.
on 12 November 2014
Best dictionary available for anyone seriously starting to learn Italian. I can also recommend the Spanish edition for Spanish learners.
on 24 March 2013
This is such a comprehensive dictionary containg conjugating verbs, phrases and general information whichis vital if one is learning the language I can't recommend it highly enough
on 23 March 2015
Really handy dictionary with phrases too - proving very helpful in my attempt to learm Italian!
on 19 May 2013
I found this very easy to use and extremely helpful. A great addition to the italian classes I am currently taking.