Format: Hardcover|Change

on 1 March 2017
Simple is efficient!
Beautifull recipe book.
on 27 May 2014
Amazing chef , really good book with great food and food stories! Thank you Giorgio for sharing this!! Thank you
on 3 October 2011
Just received the book last week, tried the warm octopus salad and the silian pizza. The receipes are great as those receipes in Made In Italy. The difference I found between these two books are the Made In Sicily is more "home" cooking, more accessible ingredients, easier preparation. Meanwhile Made In Italy contains lot of Michelin Star level receipes, many receipes are more for "this weekend I am going to give it a try!" You may choose according to your needs as both are excellent books! The only reason I am giving it a 4 stars rate is because there are less photos en this new book, sometimes it is dificult to make a dish that you have never tried without a photo to follow!
on 24 October 2011
I agree with the previous reviewer on several points. The emphasis in Made in Sicily is on the simplicity of the islands food and the recipes highlight the Sicilian way of using just two or three ingredients to make beautiful combinations that sing. I adored Made in Italy, but the length and complexity of the recipes meant that most were a little beyond my abilities in the kitchen. Not this book. It is perfect for midweek suppers and lazy weekends.

Spaghetti with prawns and pistachio, tagliatelle with courgette flowers and spaghetti with octopus are all outstanding and next on my list is the roast lamb with anchovies, rosemary and lemon. I would also say that the broccoli, chilli and almond salad is even better than the famed Ottolenghi recipe in my opinion.

Other recipes to catch my eye include broad bean and fennel soup, swordfish with peppers, rabbit 'hunter style' in red wine and garlic, and meatballs with wild fennel in tomato sauce.

Desserts look good but not in the same league as those in Made in Italy.

There are fewer photographs to accompany the recipes but that doesn't mean it is all text! Almost half of the book is taken up by Giorgio's writing about the Sicilian way of life and food and I counted 122 full and double page photographs within the 420 pages. Overall I am very, very happy and the copy I received from Amazon was immaculate. I doubt it will stay that way. I would give it 4.5 stars.
on 25 December 2011
As my wife is Sicilian born I decided to buy this book for her. She was very impressed and noticed that many of the recipes were exactly what her mother and grandmother had been cooking for years. An excellent book with some beautiful photographs of both Sicily and its food - so good you feel like licking the page.
on 2 January 2015
Giorgio writes with love and endearment regarding his experiences in Sicily. He describes the culture very accurately which inspires a cook to go out and find the best ingredients to recreate simple and tasty Sicilian dishes. I noticed Mathew Fort added a commendation, which is very in keeping with another great book Sweet Honey Bitter Lemons written by Mathew.
on 4 February 2015
I am Italian and love to try cuisine from different parts of Italy. These recipes smell look and taste authentic ... Its like being in Sicily, my only gripe is that so many of the recipes invole frying
on 16 February 2016
Very well written. This is not just a recipe book, Locatelli adds his personal touch and stories to it and it is a nice read indeed, giving a background to the recipes. I would recommend this very much. My girlfriend loved it a lot and she is cookint a lot of recipes from it, and i am loving them all. Very tasty indeed!
Sicilian cuisine is different than italian cuisine, all recipes tried taste very very good. If you fancy trying and cooking something new BUY this book.
Locatelli does not fail to deliver, i promise ..and i am Sicilian :-)

PS
The Arancini recipe is awesome, i scored my girlfriend 9 out of 10 on her first try, super delicious!
on 2 September 2012
Having been charmed by Sicily some years ago, I wanted to have exact book to use as guide to revive my food remembrances. I wanted to have something quite authentic, but realistic. Couldn't find it. Now I have it! The book by Lokatelli is packed with very adekvate and precise, easy-to-follow recipes. If you like me are fond not only of recipes, but also of stories behind them, it is just book for you.
on 15 August 2014
I came across Giorgio Locatelli recently, a repeated series on TV.
I wondered why I hadn't come across him before now!
The TV series "Italy Unpacked", which prompted my search.
We are keen home cooks, including Italian style cooking, and enjoy history and traditions of locations, so Giorgio Locatelli's writings suit us very well !
Other reviewers helped in my decision to purchase.
A large heavy-ish volume, will be hard wearing for years!