on 4 February 2018
Advised to read it after a 5 year relationship ended.. I just did not understand why, I found out that I had missed all the warning signs and excuses of fading interest on his behalf. With the blaming me scenario.
Then I met a man and got the 'you can visit me whenever.you want to'. So i went to visit him and he asked 'why i didn't call first', followed by 'I'll call soon i feel better. I am just getting over the flue'. I got busy and before i realised it was two weeks later and no call. So I re-read the book especially the chapter dealing with these excuses, for self reassurance that my understanding of the situation was correct. It was, because 2 months later still no call. I did not wait or contact him. Looser. Yes the book covers it all from the male behaviour to the female perspective of it.all.
It is brilliant and has alerted me to all the phoney excuses, warning signals men give off and when they are just not that into you. It is an easy read and i just had to read it in one go and keep dipping into it until i could recall the content out. fairly well. It has left me more confident and less accepting of lame excuses and more importantly I have learnt how to recognise them.
All of this from a short well written book primarily about how men view life/women and the excuses they make rather than be open and honest, leaving a woman having to second guess what they really meant and wanted from them.
I feel that it in some small way it empowers women by giving them a better understanding of men, enabling them to recognise a bad situation they may be in - even if it is not accepted and then to make decisions about their life..
on 23 November 2014
I bought this on a friends recommendation and did read many of the reviews on here first. Having read it cover to cover I'd recommend it too and suggest negative reviews about it 'spouting the obvious' to be taken with a pinch of salt. After all DIY books would be spouting the obvious to a professional builder, would they not?
The books message does repeat over and over. By page 100 I decided to put the book down and finish it another day. I think this is a great book for the women that see the good in people all of the time. I found it hard to believe a guy I'd known 18 years prior to getting involved with him, could possibly treat me the way he did and I didn't spot the signs. If you've ever been sat with a girl friend discussing the recently departed Mr Wrong and acknowledging the signs were there... Or if you keep finding yourself in the same dead end relationships.... Or have ever taken the smallest of gestures to mean something more...... Buy the book.
on 10 February 2018
Speaks the truth and I'm not surprised that people dislike the book. I think it's because they don't want to hear the (hurtful) truth about their relationship mindset. Typical (and sceptical) responses and excuses to Greg's points/arguments are highlighted in the book and it's enlightening how society has got it wrong. It's much easier to say that you have to fight for a relationship to make it work rather than accept the fact that you are just not compatible with each other and the guy just isn't interested in dating you.
on 5 December 2014
Very good book. Not sure if I could be that fussy about guys being "into me" as that. I get the principal advice; i.e. if someone cheats on you when you've been together long enough to be a "proper" couple, e.g. dating a month or more? he probably doesn't think you're "The One" - or he's a cheating rat? But, for us mortals who aren't lucky enough to be in demand, we sort of have to take what we can get (within reason, obviously - I mean, I'm not talking a wife batterer or someone really mentally cruel etc.) But for me, I liked reading about the unfortunate things women do to hang onto a man, and reminding myself I'm not the ONLY one who's been a total fool in front of men I've really been keen on, kept kidding myself way longer than I should, and/or hung on ignoring the fact that - for the guy in question - I'm just a way to pass the time until he gets tired of me (yes, I did that once, and I should have walked away with my pride intact, instead of feeling I "couldn't let him go" - I just prolonged the pain even longer). Even if you know you may not be able to follow all the good advice, it's worth a read if you want to feel like "Hey, it's not just me who's put up with that crap".
on 5 February 2015
This should be required reading in secondary school for EVERY woman. And probably every man. So much less time and emotion would be wasted. I give it to all my female friends because I have zero tolerance for "what do you think he means by that text"/"why hasn't he called" type conversations (Answer: because he doesn't really like you that much). I am a woman by the way. It completely changed how I date. Neeeeeext!
on 16 July 2013
I don't buy in to 'self help' books but after reading the reviews I thought I'd try it and it was recommended by a friend, since buying I have also recommended to my other friends. Gregg's advice is sometimes obvious and then sometimes you think a bit harsh - because it is and will find yourself you nodding your head when reading Liz's comments but then consider his advice and common sense again and agree with him. Read this book, if you have been feeling low and if nothing else it will put a smile back on your face - promise, then tell you friends to buy it and read it as well and cheer them up with Greggs positive outlook and esteem building remarks. BUY it NOW !
on 26 October 2015
Loved the book a must read. it kind helps u feel more impowered on great note I have acted responded well and give me facts that letting them go was wise choice to make. That if he ain't calling making his presence known. Given you the hot cold treatment then he not that in to you wish got this book sooner I would listen to my gut more rather making excuses for the guy I was dating. Also did have bit giggle very blunt book so not for fainted Hearted
on 12 January 2018
I loved this book, the way it is written, the way it is set out and mostly because it has humour but still gets the point across without upset.
I have never laughed out loud at a book til now but I also "got it" thank you.
on 12 September 2013
I have never ever been interested in self-help books, I've always thought that they were a load of rubbish; however this isn't your typical self-help book it's funny and insightful. I'd seen this book advertised about a month ago and added it to my wish list promising myself I'd read it before I got back on the dating scene again.

I did things a little back-to-front - went back on the scene after 13 years and failed at it miserably and ended up feelings completely worthless after a string of failed potential relationships.

Amazon sent me a reminder about this book just at the right time - it's not rocket science and it's more of a refresher as it isn't telling me anything I didn't already know, it's just given me the confidence that these things still apply. I have received an extremely important reminder about my behaviour and how I want others to behave towards me. I'll just have to see how long it is before I can get another date and actually put it into practice.
on 20 April 2013
Single or in a relationship - it doesn't matter. In this book the authors present set of stories and guidelines which any lady will find useful. I bought it after a bad break up and it cheered me up a lot. Not only that, those earlier mentioned guidelines make a good set of principals any girl should have. I still follow some of them, whilst being in a happy relationship. This book is so much better than a movie. Don't be mislead, you won't find the same 'plot' here as you would in the actual film.