on 20 January 2014
had to wait for more stock to come in but delivered promptly once posted. If you are into owls this is well worth buying. The photos are a little less contrasty than recent NN's so are more faithful - not as good as the 'old days' but then printing processes have changed over the years (some aspects are better some not so good). I cannot vouch for the book's authoritativeness because I am a layman but It looks comprehensive and well written to me and so am completely happy. I think you will be too.
on 4 April 2017
Good book
on 24 January 2014
I beautiful book at a very good price. It's a mine of information for any ornithologist about some of our most iconic birds. The illustrations alone are a joy to browse. Mike Toms is able to draw on all the records and information available to the BTO, combining with his own unique experience to produce a fascinating and readable book. J Moss
on 11 December 2014
Excellent book- Maybe a bit dry for some but packed full of detail and contains just about everything you could wish to know about our British Owls.
on 1 April 2016
This is a title I have waited a long time for. I have been collecting this series since it first started . When the book came our way, I was really excited ! . Having read the book I am not upset with the long wait for this title. This has been a work for which the series has long been waiting, thanks to the author and Collins for bringing this work to the public !, the night raptors are a brilliant addition to the series - well done Collins and Mr Toms for this book !
on 17 March 2014
This is a very informative book and a great read. Owls are wonderful creatures, and this book gives a great insight into their nature and habits. I would highty recommend it. Thanks to the author, Mike Toms for a great achievement.
on 7 December 2014
A good supplier. The book was as described. I shall certainly look at this suppliers stock again. This is an excellent book as one would expect from the New naturalist series.
on 7 December 2015
Another excellent book in an excellent series. Well researched and well written.
on 23 November 2015
An wonderfully comprehensive book on a subject I thought I knew well.
on 3 December 2014