Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos

Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 January 2013
I was uncertain whether or not to read this book, having not enjoyed Adams' last two offerings. This one comes up trumps though. An implausible story but lots of action and it moves at a fair pace. Definitely worth a read as you do want to get to the end - and I would like to find out a little more about Isaac Newton now.
on 14 April 2013
Good basis to a story, lots of historic information without getting to heavy. Male and female characters becoming stronger as the book progresses. If you haven't read Will Adams other books would recommend you do so.
on 28 April 2016
Not as powerful a novel as the superb title might suggest. But not a bad novel either. Interesting Newtonian historical premise coupled to a not-so-far-fetched modern-day plot that's only a little let-down by characters who are simply not strong enough or fleshed-out enough to convince. A predictable writing style failed to offer me a story-flow that I could get my teeth into. Perhaps would be an excellent and easy holiday read..
on 12 December 2012
Fans of Dan Brown will love this book. Quick pace, loads of background info on Newton (who knew he was autistic?!) and a brilliant twist. I read it in 2 sittings, which is unusual for me! Highly recommended.
on 4 January 2014
This book is a breath of fresh air after the dire offerings in Knox 3 and 4. All new characters and a much lower level of violence than before. Not a psychopathic, sadistic, sexually deviant gangster to be found, and the book is far better for it.

The pace of the action is fast enough to keep the pages turning and the history underpinning the story gets introduced in manageable segments that don't create firebreaks to the action. Of course there are the coincidences and the unlikely scenarios to skate over but they rarely get too big to swallow even in a book where a 300 year old puzzle is unravelled in a day and a half.

In a lot of ways this is a very British adventure, with not only the locations and history but the subdued level of violence and the lack of villains armed to the teeth with an inexhaustible supply of lethal armament. I really enjoyed reading it.
on 30 April 2016
I like my historical fiction but I can't quite decide what to say about this particular book.
I found it a bit of a mishmash, I felt it didn't gel well at the beginning, not that I am some great expert on writing but this is just my opinion, my thoughts may well change in a few days after thinking on it more!
Even though my review at the beginning was not great I did eventually get into the book, but unfortunately I'm still left with questions.
on 19 October 2015
I bought this book to read on a long flight. I wasn't after anything heavy, just something to keep me reading and that's what this book did. Yes, the crux of it seems dubious and yes, the characters seem to behave in ways that nobody really would but it's a ripping yarn that keeps you turning the pages. I enjoyed it and it's a change (for me, at least) to read a story like this that's set in the UK.
on 26 December 2012
Terrific, seat-of-the-pants read with an original plot and plenty of twists. The ideas in this book may stretch plausibility, but they are immaculately researched and the reader is swept along at such a pace that any lingering doubts are soon forgotten....
on 22 May 2014
This story was just up my street as I am a great fan of Will Adams. Although it is a story of fiction it is built around one of our greatest scientists at the dawn of the modern age. Newton had one foot in the medieval camp but definitely one in the modern age. The book really makes you feel you knew Newton and his fellow "conspirators" personally.
on 25 March 2013
Very interesting and made me think about Neton's times and his life. An interesting twist was to bring it into the 21st. century.and involve political events of this time.