Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 March 2012
I generally use Raymond Murphy's excellent grammar book English Grammar in Use with Answers: A Self-Study Reference and Practice Book for Intermediate Students of English but was looking for something to supplement it. I bought this book because it appealed to me that it was aimed at a lower level (A2-B1) and some of the points it covers are excellent for this. However the biggest criticism I have is that some of the units are far from clear. 'Rules' are given but then in the exercises exceptions to the rule pop up with no corresponding explanation which causes real confusion amongst students.

As I say, I have found it useful for some teaching points, but it needs to be handled with care. There are other better grammar books available.
on 29 July 2012
A very worthwhile book for anyone with the background to teach business English. The book is full of practical exercises and systematically takes you thru' the right/sensible sequence of grammatical tenses in a business context. Definitely recommend this book.
on 29 August 2015
The book arrived in time, 1 week after receiving the dispatch email. It's a good comprehensive grammar book but I feel there should be more exercises to practise, 1 page per notion is not enough.
on 19 June 2016
I bought this as part of the Colllins and was very useful . The grammer related to the subject very well. You won't regret buying it
on 27 December 2014
As this was a gift I cannot comment, but I believe the book will provide all the answers.