Customer reviews

on 20 January 2016
Delivery great. I bought three of Sally Bee's books at the same time. I did one recipe and the quantity of lentils was completely wrong. I had to scoop them all out of the casserole. Having not cooked lentils before I had no idea that there was way too much. She must have quoted the cooked weight and not raw weight. Have put all three books in charity shop. Not a good buy for me.
on 19 April 2016
Lovely book, nice healthy recipes. Only cooked a few recipes so far and they are delicious and easy to cook.Will be cooking more
on 2 March 2015
Excellent for anyone needing to eat for heart/circulation health - my only comment would be that I would use more spicing than Sally does.
on 13 March 2014
A really good recipe book. Very easy to follow and beautifully illustrated. Brilliant and very tasty meals that are so easy to make.
on 2 January 2015
Daughter delighted. And she's a great cook...really rates the book..
on 12 February 2015
Perfect!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 20 January 2014
As well as having an enormous TBR (to be read) pile of fiction, I am also a cookery book collector, and have amassed a large collection of fairly eclectic books. From celebrity chefs to bloggers, from India to Greece and from soups to roasts - I have a book for every occasion. Over the past year or so, as age creeps up and so does my weight; I've been on the look out more and more for recipes that concentrate not just on taste, but on healthy eating too.

I've been really impressed by The Secret Ingredient Family Cookbook. Sally Bee's story is a frightening one; she was only 36 years old when she suffered three hearts attacks in one weeks. I'm ten years older than Sally and that's a worrying thought. It's time to have a rethink about exactly what I cook on a day to day basis. I've always been a little worried that low-fat equals low-taste and the thought of brown rice makes me run to the biscuit tin, but I realise that you really are what you eat. There is no way that I could give up my treats, and I do love to cook, but the high-fat and high-sugar ingredients are going to be relegated as treats in the future, and I believe that I will enjoy them much more.

I made Sally's recipe for Moussaka at the weekend, and it's delicious. Full of flavour and I actually like her take on the sauce topping much more than the original version. The book is bright and colourful and very well laid out. The recipes are in sections and the ingredients are easy to find in most supermarkets.
Each recipe is easy to follow, with step by step instructions and great illustrations.

I will certainly be trying out more of the dishes in this book and intend to check out her earlier publications too.
on 3 July 2014
Excellent service book arrived within timeframe. Great recipes and easy to follow. The book is well written and the pictures are clear and representative of the finished dish in mist of the items I have tried. Highly recommend this book
on 15 December 2016
This is my second book by Sally Bee and I love her receipes. They are easy and practical.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse