on 6 April 2015
I think it's one of the best revision guides available for unit 4 sociology. It doesn't include everything you need to know for the exam, but it does give you the the essential points, which it goes into great depth. What I like about this book is that it is handy in lessons as well in revision, as it includes many other researchers which are not mentioned in the main text books - which are really good for evaluative points. Furthermore, to say it is quite a large unit, the book includes most of the topics, which I find quite useful as still my teacher has not gone through everything and may not have time to teach before the exam - which with the book and the powerpoints of slide share I have been able to teach myself. I would recommend to anyone who is doing crime and deviance, as it the cheapest guide available and probably the best too!
on 22 December 2015
This are OK as supporting material for Sociology GCE AQA A'level. This series of books are more like revision books and just don't have sufficient depth to constitute the main text. I would recommend the blue Rob Webb book to my students and suggest this for revision or supplementary ready.
on 17 June 2013
Very helpful for revision. Helped me make many revision sheets, and I felt very confident going in/coming out of the exam as a result.
on 7 June 2012
I teach sociology to international students and was looking for a book which wasn't overwhelmingly thick but also provided enough content. I can't recommend this guide enough for students. It covers the essentials and is very readable. I just wish they did one for media.
on 16 June 2011
I found it incredibly useful when preparing for the final sociology exam. Very constructive. Is not overloaded with useless details- just what is needed. Obviously on its own it is not sufficient review of the syllabus but as it works well as a reminder to go through on the day before exam. Every page includes curious exam tips relating to the particular issue and exam techniques.

But what impressed me the most is the last section with model and real answers, and examiner's comments.

I hope it will work on the exam day =)
on 15 August 2013
Its just a study book...its a good one and all but study books are study books. It gives you all the relevant information needed.
on 6 April 2013
great purchase better than expected. thank you ever much, now i can begin revising with my sociology bible. recommended, great!
on 2 January 2013
Gives brief summary of the unit, it's easy to understand. It helped a lot on my exams. Great all round
on 7 March 2013
It is for my daughter and she is very happy with it.She is happy and I am happy.Braavo for the help.
on 4 June 2013
this book is small and handy so it's great to just put in my bag and take to lessons, perfect