Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 July 2017
Willing suspension of disbelief required to think there are monks living in a (volcanic plug?) rock in South East Turkey. Story rolled along OK and the (normal) characters are believable. What I didn't like was the Americanisation of the Turkish police force - why? Also some explanation of the reason why the monks performed their particular ritual would have been useful. I am now reading the second book, so you can see that I did like the first one
on 11 March 2017
The religious content of this story will not deter anyone who likes action and adventure because it has loads of that. I cannot wait to read the sequel.
on 29 June 2017
Action packed and fast paced. Gripping storyline that keeps you guessing to the end. Couldn't put it down...a real page turner
on 11 August 2016
So many characters, was difficult to keep up. Got bored in some parts so was skipping. Stayed with it to the end but not sure I could go for part 2. Ending wasn't what I expected tho so that was good.
on 25 June 2012
I read this book during my week holiday on a side-pool, all I needed was a fast pacing, fun, entertaining book, something to relax to in the sunshine, and this book has revealed itself as a perfect book for my holiday.
Probably not a memorable book but I had good fun reading it and enjoy it till the end that very often in these kind of books doesn't pay for all the suspense.
on 9 March 2017
Couldn't get into this book and have passed it on
on 14 December 2014
I read the second and third books in the trilogy before discovering this book and although I knew the characters very well and knew how the story ended, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was still captivating from start to finish.
on 24 August 2013
Set in the ancient city of Ruin, this book is about religion, murder, intrigue, a secret kept for millennia by a secret monk sect. It could have been written by Dan Brown, insofar as it was not Shakespeare but I wanted to know what was on the next page all the time. Good escapism.
on 19 February 2017
Real page turner, didn't want to put it down, will definitely be reading the next book.
on 9 June 2017
Read the second instalment first and was hooked.