on 18 October 2016
I can't remember how I came across this book but I read the sample and it seemed fairly interesting. I like a good Foo tune and the like and I really admire Dave Grohl's hair (Silkience and Pantene adverts aren't a patch on a Foo video) so I downloaded the rest and set to reading it.

The wealth of detail can be confusing for the uninitiated but it's worth persevering. Whether the reader gets to know Dave Grohl or not only the man himself could say but we feel like we do. The net result is that I no longer feel obliged to buy any Nirvana cds, although I'm sure I bought a tape of theirs years ago and promptly deliberately lost it to a friend because it didn't really inspire me, whereas when I first heard Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace through noise cancelling headphones on a Virgin Upper Class flight to LA it just blew me away.

It was nice to be able to put everything into context.
on 5 April 2014
A very good read and very informative of Dave Grohl a true lover of music and incredible multi talented musician. Points out the true dedication and heart he put in to his love of music and his admiration of past groups that influenced him. It also points out the problems of finding the right musician and recording studios. Also the problem of drugs ruing peoples lives. If you are a grunge or punk fan this is for you. My taste was always stuck in the 60s to 70's rock, blues, folk and progressive era and regret not keeping up to date with the later stuff the heavy metal punk grunge etc that my son is in to. I will also recommend watching the Sound City documentary that was shown on BBC4 and hope they will repeat it. I agree with him analogue recording is a true way of recording and not the cheating digital way. For those fans Dave Grohls friends, family and fans I salute and regret not being aware of a hard working genius. I hope one day when I am a healthier pensioner I can see him performing and enjoy mixing with his fans. Please buy this masterpiece of a biography.
on 12 January 2014
This is a really enjoyable read on Dave Grohl, tracing back to his early to being part of the best Grunge band on the planet, before fronting his own awesome modern rock band, a great read on a modern rock idol and true all round musician/singer songwriter!!
on 9 December 2017
Excellent reading! Paul really gives an amazing insight on what are the times of Dave Grohl, not only with Nirvana and the Foo Fighters but as a whole. Really amazing book
on 15 March 2013
All you would ever want to know about the hardest workingman in rock. Loads of background and insight into his formative years, right through Nirvana and the relationships between the band. Most interesting is how someone who appears to be a generally a nice guy has a ruthless streak when it comes to his band. A really good read.
on 21 June 2017
Great book interesting guy
on 13 May 2017
Prompt delivery, always like all things Dave!
on 5 August 2015
It's a book about "My Hero" Dave Grohl so what is there not to love about it?
on 7 December 2017
good to hear from Dave's point of view of all things nirvana and how sit impacted him his music and his life in general
on 9 March 2016